• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Enjoyed that thanks...not the cobbles so much, reminded me of that top gear vid with the old British Leyland Cars...

He has stripped it again though since and painted it Phoenix Yellow....wonder why it took so long for the vid to come out - probably took that long for Honda to edit out the brake squeal...

Starting to notice as I've past 2500-3000 miles the engines loosening up slightly, exhaust note seems better/a little louder.

Barely even worn in I know but I'm definitely noticing it

Starting to notice as I've past 2500-3000 miles the engines loosening up slightly, exhaust note seems better/a little louder.

Barely even worn in I know but I'm definitely noticing it

I agree,

coming up to 5K in mine the exhaust note is improving all the time. To the point I have completely ruled out an aftermarket exhaust for now. The OEM sounds perfect.

Dotty came for a drive on saturday and we both said about how much better it was sounding over time.

Great video.

I'm about the most mechanical numptie-like bloke you could meet so was amazed at 4hrs to build a car.
I would have taken a stab-in-the-dark guess at 4 months. Oops!! :)

My car has been at my local dealership for some warranty work - which I’ll report back on at the weekend, it was ready for collection yesterday but on the way up to collect the car they rang me and said they’ve spotted a screw in the front left tyre, which would have happened whilst in their hands ..

Luckily for me they are changing both my front tyres free of charge as I mentioned that I wouldn’t be happy with having one new (which the dealership would have covered) and one not so new on the front - after some email exchanges with Honda UK I had an email from the dealer saying both would be changed at zero cost to me !

I’ll keep the good one as a spare , once I eventually source a single alloy to fit it to, every cloud and all that.

They’re £190 plus vat each fitted at Honda incase anyone was wondering (oem conti 6)

Offending item -

8d75618d1d0fd1f89cd66865127546f4.jpg

Readings before screw spotted -

17e584f62ecaececeed9c8a44e26ca9e.jpg

Glad to hear that the exhaust note is improving over time. Other than there only being two seats in the back, that is my only other quibble. I’m loathe to change the exhaust until it’s out of warranty (well plus I haven’t really got the cash either :( )

Well it’s been a long 3 weeks without it and having to drive this.

06f8fee62adb212428cffb5a1502badc.jpg

Pictures should do the talking ...

88ab0cc97792529b43887c93f4ecf783.jpg
84eae93e418abb2fbd22b1ee5fecb094.jpg
151c5c6eead3e9076b3f0c72fddd4ff7.jpg
929be4e6cc9226e67ff8021caec50ece.jpg
6ffbd7b7c9bcd06c630c68e9b6572709.jpg
3233df5ae5997205565d597a668bb9cf.jpg
8bc64b9c7f9b8a1bcce8e96a4407a69a.jpg

Started to experience some issues with 5th to 4th gear not engaging.

Took it to a dealership nearby who I cannot recommend enough (Newbury Honda) who test drove the car and their chief tech also experienced it.

Then along came the men in white coats from Swindon who came along to the dealership with a complete new transmission in tow .. they drove it and left the gearbox with the dealership and instructed them to fit it.

They also rectified a slight paint blemish on the bonnet.

Hey presto no more 5>4 locking out randomly.

As I alluded to earlier in this thread when I went to collect the car 2 days ago a screw was found in the tyre and without quibble the dealership replaced both front tyres with new cs6 tyres at a cost over over 400£ so the inconvenience was in a way, worth it.

662ed17d1917c30d8ba54c951ae64c61.jpg

Points to note ;

1) sometimes it’s useful having good connections at Honda uk.

2) this dealership has carried out a complete transmission change out on a 900 mile old fk8 (polished metal) with similar issues. Incidentally mine had the issue at 2400 miles.

3) they’ve changed 3-4 fk2 gearboxes with 1-2 synchro trouble.

4) it’s really good to have it back and I have no ‘lost love’ for the car. It’s as good as new.

5) at this time Honda are scratching their heads as to what is making this happen and subsequently the original box is making its way over to the land of the rising sun for further diagnosis.

6) no Honda haven’t lost their way.

....And Home after a rewarding beating of an s3 on the way back from said dealership.

93ac1b9d20956ab1f5afdde8e5f28c81.jpg

Fingers crossed you'll be issue free from now on,
It's also good to finally read positive actions from Honda as there's been a lot of warranty negatives against them the last few years, was getting a bit worrying

I think you just need to research what dealerships you go to. I won’t be going anywhere else now. The senior service advisor there kept me well informed with every step of the way.

As did Honda uk ..

It was 2.5 weeks but that’s from start to finish , Swindon had to come up and drive etc , they kept me mobile with a courtesy vehicle.

It’s not as straight forward as taking it in and expecting it back soon. A lot of things have to be authorised as a new transmission is over £6k I am told.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a cheap brand spanking new box on eBay a couple of weeks ago, might have made a decent investment for someone

It was 2.5 weeks but that’s from start to finish , Swindon had to come up and drive etc , they kept me mobile with a courtesy vehicle.

It’s not as straight forward as taking it in and expecting it back soon. A lot of things have to be authorised as a new transmission is over £6k I am told.

Here was me thinking Fords were the ones with reliability issues from new?

e0c0ffd8c217c7dacd3f7b3b202d921c.jpg

Here was me thinking Fords were the ones with reliability issues from new?

I've still got the thing where my engine temp gauge drops when I'm in standing traffic, heater on full and it is sub 1°C outside. Meh, it still goes and I've not managed to break it properly yet.

Back