• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I took my panel filter out and put the standard back in at my service, towards the end the service manager came over and said they noticed my aftermarket filter and if I want they can fit it for me :lol: I thought no chance whilst in warranty

My dealer took my K&N filter out of the old FK8 that was being traded in, and was happy enough to swap it into the new FK8 and give me the OEM filter to take home. They also swapped the K&N stickers I had put on the engine bay. They have also done a number of Remus exhaust installs.

I was told as long as Honda doesn't feel the modification has a direct correlation to the warranty issue you're claiming for then it will be covered. So a Panel Filter shouldn't result in a refusal for a Dashboard rattle. Whilst ECU reflashing and a claim for the EML light keep coming is understandably likely to get you nowhere with Honda.

That said, an exhaust backbox change and then saying the extra power (+/- 5%?) has contributed to the Gearbox issue sounds fishy to me. I'd be taking that up further.

surely there must've been other mods alongside the cat back?

They seem to forget they warranted the fn2's 3rd gear syncro problem with or without mods.
My guess is this is far more of a potential issue than they're letting on, 6k+ for a box replacement, playing the warranty card is an easy get out for them

Honda have really taken the **** with the FK2 and FK8.

Selling hatchbacks at £35000 and doing their best to wriggle out of warranty claims on the gearboxes!

Alloy wheels that corrode after a few months on a brand new car and then blaming the owner for lack of maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Honda have really took the **** with the FK2 and FK8.

Selling hatchbacks at £35000 and doing their best to wriggle out of warranty claims on the gearboxes!

Alloy wheels that corrode after a few months on a brand new car and then blaming the owner for lack of maintenance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gives you an excuse to get rid of the ugly OEM wheels and put on some lovely Volks though ;)

Also the dash rattle that only some cars seem to have, that's a strange one though.

Different rules for different markets. From the manufacturer's point of view, it might be ok for the Spanish market but not the U.K. market.

It gives leverage, also on the dyno the exhaust has only given marginal gains. Will see if and when I have an issue, god help them if I do.

Oooh I like the spoiler. Would be interested to see one with that on and the BGW deleted.

:eek: 200 quid for a start/stop switch :smt102 , I would rather make my own gel badge and fill up with fuel 3 times :lol:

The waiting room at the Honda dealer was, with the greatest respect to elders, like a doctors waiting room with an average age of plus 65. Can't think of another manufacturer with such a skewed customer base...well 95% 'older' and 5% Type r and **** all in between

Have a visit to a Jaguar dealers they have quiet a few older customers!

I couldn't even imagine putting £9ks worth of wheels on a Honda. Just think of the horror of kerbing one. I'd have sleepless nights and get a cold sweat every time I parallel parked.

In fact... That's not too much less than the biggest amount I've even spent on a car (05 ep3 in 2008 ) at £9800. Fcuk.

Back