• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph...pe-r-completes-euro-lap-records-finally/38506

The comment about it being a fraction quicker than the FK2 is interesting. I don't know these circuits that well, but I think the 8 is good at high speed corners flat out like the ring, but there is fack all in it in a short twisty circuit

I am glad that's the last one though, getting tired of winning ha...

There's a side by side chart floating around the web somewhere of both on quite a few circuits and apart from the Ring it's as you say.
Most were only 0..to 2 seconds difference, even some where the fk2 beat the fk8,
I know the fk8 is better (comfier) but on track they've not achieved much of a difference

Fundamentally it's the same car and the improvements over the FK2 are largely for comfort on the road. You also need to take into account the driver, weather and changes to the track surface, either way I'm not surprised there is little difference, 1 second is a lot on a circuit such as that but half a second stock v stock is still very good.

Nice Nice Detic, welcome to the forum. Give us the details, brand new or pre broken in?

Brand new, not broken yet :)

The wife is off with it tonight, I had a quick spin earlier today and it's pretty decent. I traded in an Abarth 595 which was brilliant but this is on a whole new level.

Fotor_153355381993169.jpg

Yeah, I think so. I traded in 2 cars and the dealer gave me £750 more than the other local dealer offered. They also threw in mats and the tailgate spoiler free of charge as well.

I mean did you get any discount on a new type r ?

I’m going to put up a post on Wednesday about fk8 values (used and nearly new)

You will miss the abarth sound, assuming you had the monza exhaust

Looks great....although letting other half drive it would give me cold sweats :D

Not a discount as such, but as above they gave me a generous trade in and extras free of charge.

I guess they just play around with the numbers to suit their sales figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one question, does the "pull over" swappable boot cover come with the car as standard?

There's not one in our car?

Thanks!

Is it just me as the FK8 is still as rare as hens teeth around my parts. Still haven’t seen one.

Saw an i30N today...anonymous could’ve been just a bog standard i30

His...I should say hers, is a Gt. are we talking about the roller blind parcel shelf?

Flaky they are rare, but having said that only seen one i30N as well....sure there will be loads of the Ns soon due to glowing reviews and price although having said that 1) badge snobs and 2) monthlies are reportedly high

List prices aren't too relevant for many when BMW will "give" £4k contributions when buying an M140i on a PCP, and some dealers will give away most of their margin as well. VAG and Mercedes are not far behind, and the way they manipulate GFV PCP deals means they are cheaper than Honda and the i30N for non cash buyers, which represents most of the current UK market.

List prices aren't too relevant for many when BMW will "give" £4k contributions when buying an M140i on a PCP, and some dealers will give away most of their margin as well. VAG and Mercedes are not far behind, and the way they manipulate GFV PCP deals means they are cheaper than Honda and the i30N for non cash buyers, which represents most of the current UK market.

It’s not so much the list price it’s the value Honda and other dealers think they are worth after you’ve made the purchase.

exactly, which is why monthlies on an RS3 , AMG45 are relatively doable if you have the deposit, as the future value is high. I really cant see the future value of an I30N being to high, hence high monthlies but I am sure people are getting good deals at the moment to get them out there

Back