• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Goldie's SS Type R

Hi guys, Not gonna do too much typing, i find pictures tell the best story. My 2005 EP3 type R, 57k, 1 previous owner, full honda service history, and all in all very good condition. Slight dent on the OSR quarter, Paint scuffs on the NSF bumper, laquer chips on the front bumper from what looks like following a grit lorry, and a patch thats been touch up on the OSR bumper. Minor details really, the rest of the car is immaculate and has been well looked after :)

img1213aaf.jpg

Started doing a few little improvements
First things first was a wash, clay bar, and polish ect, came up pretty nice..

The Bay..

img1500a.jpg

Hated the fact the inlet and a few other things were mucky and horrible, tried polishing with autosol but no good, so went to halfrauds, bought some ultra high temp matt silver spray, masked off a load of stuff and 10 minutes later had this, didnt even bother with prepping :)
Gonna get the rocker powder coated soon to finish it off..

img1502k.jpg

Cam cover should get done sometime after crimbo hopefully!

So in the meanwhile i fully waxoil'd and sealed the whole underside of the car, subframes, roll bars, all supension componants brake pipes blah blah, you get the idea, and also painted my calipers red, and gave my brakes a good seeing to..
Wasnt going to go for red originally but quite pleased i did, matched up nicely:twisted:

img15181.jpg

img15201f.jpg

img1504fj.jpg

Need to get the wheels refurbed but might aswell wait until the salt has done its damaged over the winter and get them done spring next year:mad:

Wasn't a fan of the silver dash, just seems too much IMO, so got some plastic spray and done that, didnt bother with the grab handles though because i think they match the door locking switch and handles quite well. Also got an alcantara gaiter to match the seats, much better than that random piece of rubber!

img15101r.jpg

Got some tailored mats for £45 too, got the original red honda mats but quite like to keep them for special occasions;)
Also got a sony xplod stereo, had one of these for 5 years and never missed a beat but was blue, so got the same in red. Bluetooth media streaming FTW!
Handsfree built in too which is nice!
img1508e.jpg

img15121u.jpg

My Mallory Park trackday sticker :smt045

img15131.jpg

Thats all so far apart from a sportex B pipe which im very pleased with! £65, easy to fit, and gives it a little more noise
Also had to remove the cat heat shield as it was rattling, so though i might aswell just get rid!
Gonna go to a place called custom chrome in nuneaton soon and get them to make me a backbox, dont want too much noise so gonna get them to offer up a few different boxes to see how loud they will be ect. £150, lifetime warranty, excellent service, cant go wrong with that place, top blokes!

MMmmm shinyness! T-cutted the headlights and used to Meguires next gen tech wax..

img1454cl.jpg

Also done a cheeky couple of laps round mallory park in this and destroyed my rear tyres so the eagle eyed individual may have noticed the 215/45/17's on the rear and 205/45/17's on the front :lol:. Managed to "aquire" some michelin tyres off a prius, cant say no for free! And also splashed out for some Yokohama Advan Runflats, super solid sidewalls for less roll. Definatly recommend these tyres, best in class for wet grip, noise at 70db, and A rating for fuel econemy also. Super grippy in all weather.

img2198800x533.jpg

Brothers having a good time by the looks of things :D
A pic next to my mk2 scirocco inj. track slag. Cost me nothing, done 6 full trackdays and hasnt gone wrong once yet, and actually suprisingly quick round the track! Had this on the road when i was 18 years old, definatly felt like the boss out of all my friends in there 106's and clios :twisted:

img1382mg.jpg

Thats all so far folks! Will keep pictures and updates coming, next in line with be the backbox, then some eibach pro springs, camber bolts and camber adjusters for the rear, FRSU, and then hopefully some new wheels next spring :D/

Thanks for looking, Comments welcome, good and bad!

I'd recommend doing the dash, I used halfords flexible vinyl spray I think it's called and its just about 15 very light layers
infront of an open fire to keep everything warm. Quality finish, only issue is that fabric sticks to it so don't wipe it down with
anything haha

And cheers buddy, yeah I went to edition 38 this year and only saw 1 mk1 scirocco and no mk2's all day!

Havent updated this in a long time, and theres been a few changes, slowly getting to where i want to be with my car, but im thinking soon of making it into a fully fledged track steed, but heres the improvements so far..

6467.jpg

ebay induction kit fitted!

tv3c.jpg

Also tidied up the engine bay..

80tm.jpg

Got myself a scorpion backbox to go along with my sportex b pipe

qebl.jpg

And then some evo 8 enkies..

q2j4.jpg

40f8.jpg

zt6i.jpg

Then did a trackday at anglesey which was amazing, 680 miles and 3 tanks of fuel in 1 day was so much fun!

hfyz.jpg

xt2v.jpg

qoeq.jpg

Unfortunately the weather was appalling all day, but meant i could keep up and overtake all the caterhams, westfields and smaller size porsches! Was funny watching them get a shed load of oversteer because i was pressuring them into bends! haha

81l5.jpg

My brother trying it out before we hit the track, he was impressed to say the least!

uh1h.jpg

Cooling down in the garage

6ya1.jpg

Thats all so far! More to come..

It's been a while since i put anything on here last, done a fair few things to the EP3 so full pictures will be coming shortly when the weather stops raining!

These are the only pictures of anything i have so far, but my car is at a point im happy with it now..

More soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
So i finally got everything fitted and got some pictures despite the weather! Ive had mixed reviews about wheel colour ect, but to me thats the idea, to be a little bit bold and do something different to generate opinions!

Got some EBC Redstuff pads up front, make such a difference, so definitely recommended!

Made a sunstrip too, always been a fan of these, just a pig to fit and trim perfectly, this took 2 attempts!

Went for a TRS towstrap at the front, and removed the foglight bracket and bolted it there so i can actually be towed if necessary. I found with mounting it in the centre of the lower grill is that if you tried to tow it would pull up and potentially damage the bumper

Got a neo-chrome gear knob too. Actually love this and for £25 is definitely a good buy. Weighs 175g and feels awesome

KOBE tow hook and scorpion 4" backbox

My favourite angle :)

Polyurethane Gearbox insert and my £35 ebay induction kit hahah

Circuitdays.co.uk were also kind enough to send me an anglesey and mallory park trackday sticker for the sunstrip so i can show were my EP's been. (the same as the yellow one on the bonnet)

The bay (excuse the finger)

Hopefully getting some proper shots done this weekend, these were only taken off my phone

Thats all so far so thanks for looking, comments more than welcome!

Can I ask what you bolted the front tow strap to?? Iv gone for purple on my cosmic gray ep3 so the rear tow hook and lower tie bar is purple. I love the look of your car everything suits it so well done and keep it up

Can I ask what you bolted the front tow strap to?? Iv gone for purple on my cosmic gray ep3 so the rear tow hook and lower tie bar is purple. I love the look of your car everything suits it so well done and keep it up

If you remove the front bumper there is 2 trianglular shaped brackets for the foglights, theres 3 12mm bolts holding each,its all bolted to the slam/crash structure at the front. So i just removed the whole foglight bracket and used one of the bolt holes for the tow strap to bolt to. Simple really. I just rotated the strap until it came through the foglight hole in the right direction. Good thing now is that i can actually remove the strap whilst the bumper is on too if i wanted to. And thanks alot much appreciated!

nice motor bud prefer the milano pink lolz to be fair but this is a very nice SS. how do you find the ebay induction kit?

Back