• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

That was never proved? :D. Hey we should hook up at some point share a beer or three. Hope you are all good big guy :)

Sounds good to me fella. 8)

I still yearn for that S2000 since our meet at Chelmsford. :(

I am off to Wales next month via Oxford/Cheltenham. If a beer is possible en route then I am all good. 8)

Looking good G, i actually like the blingy valve caps. ;) Loving the offset on the rims, HELLAFLUSH FTW :twisted:

Carl. I'm there. Work in Bath Mon-tues. Oxford evenings weekends. I'll pm my no. So let me know if your about.

J. The engine will be all motor. I'm to old for a that hair raising boost shinannigans. But I'm sure they TDI boys can do something special :)

Hi G,

Love the wheels - how much work was involved to get them to fit. I use my type r as a daily so I'd want to keep it driveable :)

Looking at the slipstreams or grids or the volks ce28's

Nice motor as well

Hi G,

Love the wheels - how much work was involved to get them to fit. I use my type r as a daily so I'd want to keep it driveable :)

Looking at the slipstreams or grids or the volks ce28's

Nice motor as well

Thanks fella. They front 8.5 went on no worries. No clearance issues at all. I suspect they would even without streched tyres. The rear needed a lip tuck. Folding back the edge. And a slightpull. To be honest the car drives fine. Better than before except with the lower profile tyre you would expect to have them break away more suddenly than when I had my 16's on. Though they do have more grip. They only thing is to pull that look of the car needs to sit pretty low. That's the issue. Though so far I have had no issues, mind you the car is prettylight with most things gonE from inside.

Luke, cheers. I like a bit of bling. They are for show as I dint think they'd last 2 seconds as they'd find themselves on a Halfords Carrera in short notice.

Oh I have a pic of my latest mod to post in a bit :):).

A productive morning at work for me reading this thread, I love this car and the colour G, totally different and exactly what I would like. I really wish I had my EP3 back

Thanks Karl. I guess an FN2 is a little too new to start fettling :). Having said that TDI have some nice tweeks that get a lot more out of the FN withought making it look crazy. Though I realy like the Mugen wing. And I normaly don't go for that sort of thing.

Ok here are a few more pictures of the new brakes going on. There are worn in now and stop brilliantly, of course for hard road use zero fade as you would expect. Need to get on a track of course and give them a proper work out. See how they stand up to that, even with me at the wheel me haha.

Goodridge Hoses.
1315eb.jpg

1315ee.jpg

As they sit nicely behind the 8.5 inch wide Grids

1315e9.jpg

So, as said very happy with this set up, they are bonkers light, and stop very well. I am running single piece disks at the moment F2000, their proper fast road/track disks, though I could put 2-piece on if i want, the above though comes in under a grand so good value.

20100515_japfest_108.jpg

The stretched rear tyres look good IMO -- but isn't it quite dangerous using a smaller tyre than you're meant to?

Drifters have been doing that for years, and you do not see the tyres flying off.... the odd wheel perhaps :D

There's a hell of a lot of chat about wheels in the MR2 community, because of the staggered wheel set up. I heard somewhere about putting oversized tyres on wheels, and at high speed you can end up with the tyre popping out of the alloy and basically you dead.

You hear all sorts of things on forums :D and car communities, as I say drifters are constantly running stretched tyres with heavy loads on the walls, and I have not seen any come off yet, though of course I have not seen every drift session ever. I would not have done it if I thought it was unsafe. My tyres do not have a particularly aggressive stretch though.

Oh where in Edinburgh are you? My home town that :D

De nord! Trinity, not far from Newhaven, ish. You?

TBF I hear a lot less about problems with stretched tyres lol. It's a good look with the rotas :cool:

That sort of stretch is fine, you can go quite a bit more without issues, it's only when trying to put something ridiculous like a 195 section tyre on a 11" wide rim it might cause some issues.

Back