• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

i once found a small badger in mine! :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol Oh alright!!

I'm guessing none of you have had a bird mis-judge your speed and smear itself up your bonnet and up your windscreen then?! Just a thought. :rolleyes:

And I mean the feathered kind, the other ones leave dents on the bonnet...

high pitched vibration

just wondering if anyone gets a high pitched vibrating kind of sound at about 5500rpm with the gruppe m fitted?
i have modified the old scuttle panel(looks alo better) and was hoping i wouldnt have this problem.seems really annoying when youve payed all that money for a high spec piece of kit and this happens.
anyway,if anyone has any answers your help would be appreciated.

just wondering if anyone gets a high pitched vibrating kind of sound at about 5500rpm with the gruppe m fitted?
i have modified the old scuttle panel(looks alo better) and was hoping i wouldnt have this problem.seems really annoying when youve payed all that money for a high spec piece of kit and this happens.
anyway,if anyone has any answers your help would be appreciated.

yeah, had vibrating probs, ended up getting some extra cushion tape for under the bonnet and cut open and wedged some of that foam for copper pipes (like a bike bar pad) behind the gruppe m box on the scuttle panel. i also did find the vibrating alot less after i fitted an sfs induction hose, the whole thing seemed to sit better, think its a case of trial and error to get the carbon box nicely wedged as it does tend to move, especially when booting it :twisted:

Can someone quickly remind me, how brace 0323 is secured to the adaptor plate - is bolted in to it or is it secured by a nut.

Gmparts.jpg

Also anyone got a spare 15mm spacer (arrowed) otherwise I am stacking washers :rolleyes:

looks like alot of work but when you but a kit like this its worth going the extra mile to perfect it

Hey I'm new to the forum, I've just got hold of a Gruppe M for my ep3. Currently trying to assemble it, but can't for the life of me figure out how bracket 0323 attaches to the joint adaptor. I'm thinking that you use the longer bolt (Bolt B) & one the nuts. Can anyone confirm this? Noticed dotty posted a similar question earlier. Did you ever get an answer to that mate?:(

Hi mate, welcome to the forum :D .

Right, as you look the image of the bracket on the instructions is how its fits.

So, the joint adapter will fit with flat side facing the bulkhead and the raised part facing the front of the car.

You then attach the bracket with the bottom smaller part of the 'L' shape' fixing into one of the holes where the OEM airbox was fixed and the opposite end attaches into one of the screws on the flat adapter.

Hope this helps here is a very crude pic, just ask if you need any more help and ill try and explain it better.

untitledgm.jpg

cheers for the reply suits. Think you're one step ahead of me, I'm at the stage of assembling the bass of the filter where the bracket attaches I can see no other way to attach the 0323 bracket other than with the one long bolt & nut. Doesn't appear that the long bolt is needed later in the process.

One more thing, I would assume that with the jubilee clips tightened there should be no movement in the bass of the unit as presumably it must be air tight?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I don't fancy c*****g it up!

;)

Right, you may be right, I can't remeber I fitted mine over two years ago and its not moved. The longer nut and bolt may well be for teh bracket to attach as it will add a few more MM being in there.

Put it all together in your front room or something first, biggest tip I can give you is to make sure that the joint adapter is the right way around, as I had to re-jig things a few times to make sure that the breather hose was conecting in the right position.

Regards the clips, no, they dont have to be super tight, just firm enoughto hold the filter in place. The engine, when under induction will pull it all togther anyway, it doesnt have to be air-tight, just dont leave big gaps for dust and crap to into it.

I assume you mean the part where the carbon housing meets the adaptor and teh V clip holds it all together.

I laced the inside of teh jubilee clips with some of that sticky sided tape to stop the unit rattleing inside the clip, its also ensures a bit more of a sucure and tight fit.

Is that any clearer?

Nice one, wise advice mate, thats exactly what i'm doing. Put together now & fit at the weekend, as car needed to get to work tomorrow.Plan on doing modded scuttle panel and can see that taking a couple of days to do a decent job.

oem scuttle mod question

What do people do when attaching the scoop to the modded oem panel where the grill area is? Would it be best to fill over it, then drill out a hole or will the supplied GM plastic screw just go straight in? Can't make it out in the pictures on this thread or the how to... thread plus no-one seams to mention it.

Gruppe M is soooo worth it for the noise in vtec...words cannot describe it. I would say that it's only marginally louder than the stock airbox at lower rpm......until you get close to vtec crossover point.:twisted: V ery noticable performace increase (surprised me considering its only an airbox/filter) Maybe not considering the oem filter was nearly completely black when i took it out!

I've not doen the OEM mod myself I used the GM supplied one :( .

But from the ones I have seen they just drilled the OEM scuttle and used the screws supplied by GM.

:)

Did you manage to get a good fit with GM cowl suits? Mine must be a good 5mm away from the windscreen and noticably rattles when accelerating.
The reason i was asking about the securing the scoop to the modded cowl is because the top left plastic screw (looking from the front of the car) would have to be attached where the grill is on the oem cowl.
I think i'll just fill it then drill out a hole, was just curious to see how others had done this.

Yeah mine has a gap, but I used the foam padding and stickt padded tape to secure it all down perfectly, however its been two years since I fitted it and the weather has reduced the snuggness of the fit drasticaly.

Hey ya guy's,

Im well happy with the Gm until i was going down the motor way and the Cheap scuttle panal started to play its own muiscal rattle tune!!!

I think im gonna go with what Chris has done etc using the orginal scuttle panal. But with the P38 will it end up cracking when going over bumps and down pot holes?

Back