• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hawk brake pads

anybody have them fitted from TGM or from another source?

what do you think of them and how do they compare to other pads you have tried on and off track?

I'm running them at the mo, they are a good pad and do stop the car well, but not aswell as DS2500 which I had before. Stopping from cold is not as good as the DS2500 aswell.

Ive tracked the DS2500 but not the Hawk's mate. I loved the DS2500. Im pretty hard on my brakes but the DS2500 didnt suffer from fade. I rate them very high and I would say spend the extra £5-10 and get the DS2500 mate. Im not saying the Hawk are crap, I just feel the DS2500 are slightly better.

I would get the DS2500 but they just aint road legal

I don't know about UK regulations, but does anybody check the braking pads, police, mechanics, insurance guys...?

I thought the DS3000 were circuit-use only, then again, UK regulations may differ from here.

if an arse of a traffic cop stops you, believe me they will strip you of more than 3 points if they see them pads

ive decided to give the hawk pads a go from TGM when i go back there on the 5th.

collister, if you manage to have a chat or encounter with a traffic bod, you will understand what i mean, they will be hot on you when they find one thing out of place on your car and it wont stop there, they will check your car from top to bottom

if an arse of a traffic cop stops you, believe me they will strip you of more than 3 points if they see them pads

How would they even know? They can't see them while fitted and you just need to clean off the print on the back so they could see once taken off.

you would have to come across a traffic copper who used to work for FERODO before getting the sack in the recession and then spends the entirety of his patrols looking for cars with ferodo pads on so he can prosecute the drivers.

ive decided to give the hawk pads a go from TGM when i go back there on the 5th.

collister, if you manage to have a chat or encounter with a traffic bod, you will understand what i mean, they will be hot on you when they find one thing out of place on your car and it wont stop there, they will check your car from top to bottom

Probably not the best thing for me they dont seem to like 19 year olds in quick cars lol they seem to think you are a drug dealer and look for reasons to give you beef lol

you would have to come across a traffic copper who used to work for FERODO before getting the sack in the recession and then spends the entirety of his patrols looking for cars with ferodo pads on so he can prosecute the drivers.

lmao they can make you take it to the vehicle testing center and they will have a good check over your car. I think they would notice :lol:

lmao they can make you take it to the vehicle testing center and they will have a good check over your car. I think they would notice :lol:

Doubt they would in all honesty, all my cars have gone through MOT's with DS2500 or similair pads on and nothing has ever been said, and in the 7 years i've been around these cars, I don't know of one case of someone having an issue from running DS2500 pads.

Doubt they would in all honesty, all my cars have gone through MOT's with DS2500 or similair pads on and nothing has ever been said, and in the 7 years i've been around these cars, I don't know of one case of someone having an issue from running DS2500 pads.

ive heard of cruises/meets being closed down because the plod got info from a source/forum...and if they did read that people were running illegal brake pads i think it would give them enough reason to check the cars over

Anyone know why ds2500 don't have the t90 approval?

They don't have R90 approval, as the R90 regulation testing shows that the aftermarket pad is + or - 10% of OEM performance IIRC. The DS2500 exceed this 10% value of bettering the OEM pad, therefore fail the R90 test. It's a retarded rule, and they fail because they are too good.

Back