• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

It's not a carolla taxi, there will be no beaded covers or effigy of vishnu hanging from the rear view mirror.

Drove the GTR to work today... feels like a fcuking rocket ship after driving the swift :lol: Can't believe I thought it was slow a few weeks ago!!

See that's a good thing, drive something slow and it's fast. Even my slow arse daddy wagon feels quick compared to the jizz

Best thing about driving me ma's old (not classic-old) 1.4 Mini One. Makes the Corvette feel like a superbike! :lol:

Today so far:

Replaced a busted arch liner.... GTR tax meant £100 for a replacement :/

Gave her a wash and a quick wax & buffing with my halfrauds special polisher :lol:

RB Motorsport date has been rearranged to 15/8, can't fooking wait.

It's an Eco beast. Replaced drop links last weekend, handles much nicer. The anti roll bar was previously not connected to anything :lol: you could actually get sea sick driving it!

Still rattling quite badly so I'll be under it again later this afternoon. Got a door hinge off an eBay breaker for £8 posted too, so I've got my first door to attempt to hang when I can borrow a pair of hands from a friend, hopefully tomorrow.

Epic fail at RB Motorsport today :(

Apexi power FC ECU bought from reputable GTR breakers - dead

Reconditioned N1 turbos bought from GTROC endorsed turbo company - turbo wheels made from incorrect material suitable only for diesels. Spoke to them and they're calling Rod, the owner at RB and probably considered the most knowledgeable RB engine guy in the UK.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out!

Gutted for you mate! Hate it when things like that happen. Get right excited about it then something goes wrong. Had it last time I took my Scoob to get mapped, found out the up pipe needed replacing so couldn't be done. Was right mardy for a couple of days lol.

Exactly that, rod said they were a cheap stainless steel.

They were here supposed to have roller bearings too... Standard ceramics :/

For the pair thankfully!

I should think the refund should be fairly likely for both, the turbos more so than the ECU though. I might not bother now to be honest, just get my money back on the parts. Fit the downpipes and call it a day, put the 1k in the house fund :/

Cowboy parts update:

Ebay shop emailed at 9am thismorning requesting full refund - no reply as of yet. 8 days to wait until I can enact the ebay return policy thing now. Not sure where I stand though as it was bought over 60 days ago.

Turbo shop - conflab with RB motorsport completed. Sounds like they disagree RE: suitability of Turbos for given application. Shop has agreed to refund turbos, originally on credit (I refused) and then at a 15% handling fee - FOAD... now down to £50 but I'm still a bit peeved TBH.

They didn't provide what was requested so AFAIK I should be entitled to a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back