• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight adjustment switch - EP3

I find I keep changing it whilst stationary, to see if it makes any difference.

I can't see any, what do people keep it on?
Cheers

Park up with the beams facing a garage door or wall then hit the switch. The beams should move.

I keep mine at number one.

It's supposed to be on 0 unless you've got passengers and luggage, if it's not working it's likely the motors in the headlights have failed due to water ingress, I had both mine changed under warranty.

Cheers all, I'll leave it at 0. I'm not fussed if it's broke tbh, as Nicola says, I'll enjoy my 6k :D

Mine broke and I had to adjust the headlights manually as the motor went when they were on setting 2-3 :lol:.

Easy to do though.

Same as you jermal. I just unplugged the connector block and taped it up, it stopped the motor noise instantly. and then manually adjusted the beam patten. job done!

Please watch the text speak.

ive noticed the lights on mine appear to bob up and down very slighty when set to 0. but other settings seem to keep em steady.

ive noticed the lights on mine appear to bob up and down very slighty when set to 0. but other settings seem to keep em steady.

Probably because they are at the bottom end of the motor gearing. Mine do this slightly. I remember hearing the dreaded grinding of broken headlight motors many years ago... warranty job.

I need this to work now :lol:

Is there meant to be a light on the adjuster switch?

Non on mine.

Aye it should be backlit in orange like the rest of the buttons, though my knowledge is limited to facelifts.

Headlight adjustment motors getting water in them and not working is a very common problem on the pre facelift CTR's. If it's not working, then you'll probably have to get replacement units

Thanks Jermal, is that the whole unit inside the headlight?

Also, does it have a separate fuse, as I may aswell eliminate the cheaper options, or even check it's plugged in.

Thanks Jermal, is that the whole unit inside the headlight?

No, it's the whole headlight as it's a sealed unit. When I had my EP3 they replaced both headlights under warranty for this problem.

No, it's the whole headlight as it's a sealed unit. When I had my EP3 they replaced both headlights under warranty for this problem.

QFT. I think you're looking at £120 for both headlights. I would fit them yourself if I were you. Alternatively you could do what I did and just adjust them manually.

Back