• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Help with bhp????

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site as I've never owned a type-r before. Here's the deal, Im going to pick up my 09 plate champ White fn2 on tue. (can't wait!!) anyway I was wondering what sort of bhp will the standard engine put out. I know it's around 200 straight out of the garage but if I were to chip/remap the motor what will the engine take untill I have to start upgrading internals and adding induction kits and decat pipes.
Anyone have any ideas??? Cheers

tbh i wouldn't bother getting a remap till you upgrade internals as you put it because you'd only need to get the remap done again to suit your new setup

tbh i wouldn't bother getting a remap till you upgrade internals as you put it because you'd only need to get the remap done again to suit your new setup

So you wouldn't recommend tryin to get more horse power out if the standard engine then?? Will it even take any more on standard parts??

So you wouldn't recommend tryin to get more horse power out if the standard engine then?? Will it even take any more on standard parts??

Depends on your money, if you have to money to get the car remapped more then once then yeah get it remapped then mod it. If you don't have the cash you'd be best to mod the car and then map it

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site as I've never owned a type-r before. Here's the deal, Im going to pick up my 09 plate champ White fn2 on tue. (can't wait!!) anyway I was wondering what sort of bhp will the standard engine put out. I know it's around 200 straight out of the garage but if I were to chip/remap the motor what will the engine take untill I have to start upgrading internals and adding induction kits and decat pipes.
Anyone have any ideas??? Cheers

dude, enjoy your car first! play with the handling side of things, maybe a gruppe m & a kpro. take your time my friend!

there is lots of information on here, read through all the sections & make your own decision

Cheers guys, I was only wonderin cos I've been used to more horse power, used to own a rwd Nissan 300zx twin turbo. Needed to get out of rear wheel drive cos couldn't afford burnin the tyres out every week lol, I'll get some pics up of the car when I get it.

You wont get anywhere near the gains you would of got with the 300zx. N/A tuning is very expensive compared to Forced induction tuning.

I'm not as crazy as I used to be, only 22 and had the zx when I was 19/20. Grown up a bit since then. Ha. Was just wonderin what I could get out of the cw. Where should I start moddin guys????

Handling before power mate, as gaining bhp is a lengthy and expensive process, so aim at improving the handling which in turn will make the car "faster", if you get what I mean..?

Handling before power mate, as gaining bhp is a lengthy and expensive process, so aim at improving the handling which in turn will make the car "faster", if you get what I mean..?

QFT.

Order of mods imo:

• Fast Road Set Up. (Don't know how easy this will be for the FN2)

• Stiffer springs and probably lower.

• Bracing front and rear

Then you can start on your power mods. If you're after proper power, you'll want to do the following:

• Decent exhaust system. Start off with a cat back, but if you're going to remap, then add a manifold 4-2, 2-1 to this.
  • Cold Air Intake induction kit. The Gruppe M was the gold standard for the EP3 and the one for the FN2 should be just as good.
  • RBC Inlet manifold
  • remap with after market upgrade to ECU. Again the Hondata Kpro is a very popular choice for the EP3, however I'm not sure if they have a compatible chip for the FN2. My guess is they do.
Doing this and getting it mapped somewhere reputable will probably eek 250bph at the fly. Then it starts to get very expensive.

Ps, fee l free to add g's to the end of the words that should have them ;)

I'll probably get shot down for this but imo you've bought the wrong car, if you're already unhappy with the power before it's even delivered and for the money it's going to cost to get more power from it you should have spent the money on a more powerful car to start with....

I'll probably get shot down for this but imo you've bought the wrong car, if you're already unhappy with the power before it's even delivered and for the money it's going to cost to get more power from it you should have spent the money on a more powerful car to start with....

As crazy as it sounds Neil, some people enjoy modding their cars. They are a strange breed it has to be said. Often confused for boy racers by work colleagues. :roll:

As crazy as it sounds Neil, some people enjoy modding their cars. They are a strange breed it has to be said. Often confused for boy racers by work colleagues. :roll:

:lol: I understand that Tone, just putting in my 2p.

Love the type r guys, defo didn't buy the wrong car, I'm only 22, ideally I'd be drivin an evo but there's no way I'm payin £4000 for insurance. I'm not plannin on moddin the car cos don't want to ruin the warrenty was just wondering if I changed my mind what would be available.

Love the type r guys, defo didn't buy the wrong car, I'm only 22, ideally I'd be drivin an evo but there's no way I'm payin £4000 for insurance. I'm not plannin on moddin the car cos don't want to ruin the warrenty was just wondering if I changed my mind what would be available.

Quite surprised that someone hasn't meantioned it so far but watch the text speak please.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=57852

My advice would be to enjoy it as it is before starting to mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back