• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Hi guys,

Rather presumptuously thought I'd mark a space for #5. Don't have it yet, or know what colour I want it to be in either but during the 3 years in which I've been absent from the fold, I bought a house, had another kid, played a hell of a lot of Call of Duty and Pro Evolution whilst consolidating.

Like I said, not sure what I want or what colour it's going to be, but I've got the money, got the itch and it's for a Red-H.

Was one of the older posters on here, but for those that are newer to the site that don't know me - I was an argumentative little **** back then... a bit arrogant too... but it was all good natured...

Any how grown up a bit since then and grown up a bit since owning this:

0c14d497.jpg

And this:

2012-04-10142901.jpg

It started with this:

car_photo_569860.jpg

And there was a bit of this in the middle:

20120910_161846.jpg

I also had a run-around Silver EP3 with moon-mileage that wasn't worthy of a thread so I don't have pics of it.

I think I want an FN2 - something to appease the wife, something that, on the face of it, looks refined whilst retaining fun factor. I've had an FN2 and they are great cars, however since before I could drive I had alway hankered after an EP3 so chopped my brand new FN2 in for a Premier EP3... I'm seemingly heading towards going full circle but this time it's because I think I want an FN2. They are rather spacious and are very practical too.

I also think I want an FN2 because, sadly, an FK2 is out of budget, a DC5 is too small in the back, the EP3 is starting to age with worthy examples commanding stupid money (the rest dogs or moon-miles) an import is just not my thing anymore... I shan't be modding... famous last words.. he says.

Anyway, I'm TypeRiter - you can call me Sun though.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back into the fold (almost).... Not sure why I'm welcoming you back actually, I drive a derv audi :picardfp:

FD2? More doors + jdm points? Silly money though.

I get you confused with TypeGrrrrrr for some reason, expected crx pics.

Good luck with your R search!

Welcome back into the fold (almost).... Not sure why I'm welcoming you back actually, I drive a derv audi :picardfp:

FD2? More doors + jdm points? Silly money though.

I get you confused with TypeGrrrrrr for some reason, expected crx pics.

Good luck with your R search!

What happened to the R33?

Thanks for the welcome (back).

No, if I'm honest, I think I'm done with the JDM scene points. More doors is definitely appealing but the premium that they command is too rich for my pocket. They fall within budget (just about) but it'd be towards the lower end of the FD spectrum. I'd rather go UKDM and get more for less.

Sold it to a Scottish bloke last summer to fund a house deposit. Was a sad day :( I've been on the bread line since...

I have a garage now though so will start a proper project in the next year or so, hopefully.

Yea the FD is overpriced for what it is, but it does tick the box for practicality!

FD2 has room and doors, but ride wise it isn't very kiddie friendly.

Welcome back Sun! Back to where you started Type R wise! They've loads of room in the boot and getting in the back.

Congratulations on the new little one too.

Oh, shall I reserve you a slot at JAE?! :D

FN2's are fantastic car's and are underrated for what they offer as a package imo. I owned a pristine late 2008 example for a year there, there sharp out of the box, look modern and refined as you say but still fun enough to make you want to go for a blast.

I got rid of mine to help fund a house, I'm now in an 06 EP3, which I like in a more hooligan sense!

Buy an LSD equipped FN2 .

Thanks for the general 'Welcome backs' - good to be back.

Mugen FN2? If you can sneak that one past the wife! Haha!

I prefer the normal CW's over the M200's dude; part of that is down to the premium they command (over a normal CW) but more so because I prefer the White on White, that, plus I don't much like the look of the Lightening wheels or the ride on 19's.

Welcome back!

M200 is calling....

Thanks. Re: M200 - as above dude! Undoubtedly, nice cars but the Lightenings are a deal-breaker unfortunately.

FN2's are fantastic car's and are underrated for what they offer as a package imo. I owned a pristine late 2008 example for a year there, there sharp out of the box, look modern and refined as you say but still fun enough to make you want to go for a blast.

I got rid of mine to help fund a house, I'm now in an 06 EP3, which I like in a more hooligan sense!

Buy an LSD equipped FN2 .

Yes they are mate, they really are fantastic.

I didn't appreciate the first one I owned from brand new because I was blinded by my desire for an EP3 (had wanted one since before I had even passed my test).

However, I've now done the EP3(s), DC5 and an EK and, right now, for where I am (kids, married etc), what I want and what I need, the FN2 suits me perfectly. It's big and roomy, fun on the back roads with a plethora of mod cons and it always draws attention. Let's be honest, whatever people say about it, the cabin is unlike most other cars either - it's a really nice play to be. Driver focussed.

Of course the 09+ build is top of the list for the factory HID's, USB and the LSD - my first FN2 was an 08 build.

I actually picked one up this weekend :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back