• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hi, I'm back - Type-R #5

Car looks decent in the photos! It is difficult to find decent examples of cars like the Type R these days!

Thanks mate - I assure you it is; thoroughly decent in fact.

I agree, it's a minefield when you go viewing from randoms.

Ah. Baller status. Couldn't find a decent CW within reasonable price or distances while I was looking. Sounds like it's a decent project though. 35K is nothing.

That should be some trip man. San Fran, LA & Vegas.

Yeah. I'll get my new bits on, bide a bit of time, then probably look at the splitter kit - I kinda just like these FN2's clean and tidy... kinda OEM+ if you narhmean.

it was a 400 mile round trip I think for it. Thinking of a black & white theme with mugen & Feels but I'd rather sort the go before the show of the car.

Yeah it'll be amazing.

Cheers mate - gutted about your S2K; loved the way you had modded that. :(

As for the Oil cap? Is it up for sale in the FS section? I'll have a look, although I'm kinda steering clear of "modding" and focussing more on clean OEM+ spec.

I'll have a butcher's.

Cheers mate, sh!t happens. I still miss that car at times.

Yeah it's in the FS section. I don't want much for it.

Hey Sun, great to see you back dude. Lovely looking FN there aswell man, keep us up to date with things as I know you'll give in to the modifying demons. :D

Hey Sun, great to see you back dude. Lovely looking FN there aswell man, keep us up to date with things as I know you'll give in to the modifying demons. :D

That looks like a nice fn2 :)

Cheers fellas - it was lovely, until some c*nt decided to do this to my bonnet, marking my grille and bumper in the process:

20160622_064220_zpsmltnfjbi.jpg

Gutted - I don't even have the V5 back in my name. It doesn't look like someone's hit it, it looks like someone has deliberately had a go at getting at my engine-bay/grille; for what reason? God knows.

I've inspected behind the bumper and luckily it's all superficial with no damage to mounting brackets or anything behind the grille/bumper. Removing them, it was nice to see how clean the car was underneath. Still real gut-wrenching - it's barely been 2 days since I've owned it.

Which makes the acquisition of the following really bitter-sweet because I literally had no plans to do anything further to these - yet this fcking toe-rag has forced my hand in to possibly getting a new grille, front end respray and as for the bonnet, what would I do about that? Is it a new bonnet job, or would I repair that? Don't really want a bonnet full of filler TBH.

In any case my new mats, ABP Springs and Skunk 2 have arrived. Sadly... these are all secondary to sorting the damage out.

20160623_141108_zps8mhvc12s.jpg

20160623_141440_zpsanyucg3p.jpg

20160623_141537_zpskxn1vjav.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Type R Kits do the best quality Mugen replica grille from what I have read

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

I paid £400 for a new, genuine Mugen grille painted. Injection Imports all day!

Sad to see the damage. Hope it gets fixed soon.

@Loxy or anyone familiar with the FN2 bumper - how would I disconnect the HID washers from the bumper, if I wanted to remove the bumper?

Thanks in advance.

In other news:

- Skunk 2 On: Nice but I'd prefer it to sit lower. If I wind it all the way down without the OEM or Skunk lock nut, the gear numbers read upside down - any suggestions on how I can get the knob to sit lower and correctly aligned without re-threading the gear-stick.

Repair front:

- I managed to find a Cosmic Grey bonnet which I will get sprayed. Bumper *touch wood* taken care of.

- Grille? Annoyingly part number 10 (of the FN2 front grille page) on the Lings car part site isn't available to order? There are 11 parts on the page but the option to buy only extends to number 9 - any ideas?

B__4501.jpg

- That then leaves a bumper re-spray which I'll get done with the bonnet. Luckily the bumper plastic has not been scored just a case of paint scratches.

Re washers, it has a joint on the driver's side behind the bumper. Drop the bumper, unplug your fogs, unplug the washer pipe and then plug the pipe to the washer bottle as it will run out.

You can see the clamp on the hose on the driver's side here, just to the left of the horn (as you look at it).

IMAG2986.jpg

Re washers, it has a joint on the driver's side behind the bumper. Drop the bumper, unplug your fogs, unplug the washer pipe and then plug the pipe to the washer bottle as it will run out.

You can see the clamp on the hose on the driver's side here, just to the left of the horn (as you look at it).

IMAG2986.jpg

Thanks dude.

So, what, you're saying I disconnect the hose from roughly where the horn is and feed it back into itself/washer bottle?

I get what you mean, just not necessarily how it works in theory. I've saved the pic for reference and will have a nose around again.

No I meant the pipe that leads to the washer bottle needs to be plugged with a rag or a zip tied bag as it will just run out.

But yep, you just squeeze the clip and pull.

No I meant the pipe that leads to the washer bottle needs to be plugged with a rag or a zip tied bag as it will just run out.

Ah... I see.. I get you man.

I though you meant plug, as in plug it in to something - however you mean "plug" as in stop the flow of washer by any means... like plugging a gap/hole.

Got you.

So basically disconnect at the horn area and "plug"/"block off" the hose?

Thanks for that.

Shame about the thundercnut jimmying the bonnet, bloody toerags!

Can an you stick a shim/washer over the nut on the skunk2 to realign? Cutting some plastic shims might be the easiest method.

Nice FN2 Sun!

I pick mine up at the weekend, also in Alabaster Silver :D

I am along similar lines to you, picking up some new red floor mats, and considering the GP front and rear spoiler kits
http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-typer-grand-prix-pack-milano-red-p-956.html

Thanks mate, and good choice :)

For me it was always Silver or Champ White - Milano fade worries me a bit plus it's a bit loud/lairy - lovely colour though but I don't want that kind of attention anymore; having said that, not sure if you saw the latest developments with my thread but even Alabaster Silver drew negative attention resulting in vandalism after only 2 days of ownership :(

That leaves Nighthawk/Crystal Black - I've already had a Black FN2 (and EP3) and as nice as they were, some of the detailing can get lost in the colour... specifically that badass GP Kit for the FN2. That left Silver or CW - both of which contrast well with the GP kit! I couldn't find a decent CW, plus Silver suits the desire for not wanting to attract unnecessary attention - kinda just wanted family man/understated appeal with closet hooner attributes for when I'm one up... and for that Silver takes the mantle... It also shows the lines of the car very well too. Clean, clear-cut.

I picked up some brand new mats - they're not as nice as the ones I had in my 2008 FN2 though - harder wearing but not as plush IMO although they look the same to the eye. Love the 2009 revisions though (HID's/USB).

Cheers man - I got this done in the end. Disconnected it and literally shoved the end of a wrench up the hose to "plug" it.

Worked a charm!

So...

After the disappointment of this:

20160622_064220_zpsmltnfjbi.jpg

And looking like this:

20160626_091914_zpsey7rtzmt.jpg

Which cost me a brand new headlight, new grille and a bumper/bonnet respray 4 days after buying it. :mad:

I added some brand new mats:

20160702_113007_zps1fzxlvxl.jpg

And a Skunk 2 Gear Knob in addition to lowering her on some ABP Eibachs (pics for these can be found on the previous page).

She is now looking like this - albeit very dirty :p:

20160704_145430_zps5ujwdwfh.jpg

This is a bit of a better angle to see how the springs have settled.

20160706_194103_zps37lifxlu.jpg

Back