• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID help (Flickering)

Does anyone know how to fix my flickering problem. I fitted my HID kit, but one of the bulbs seems to flicker also most of the light is projected over to the left (pavement) than on the road ahead?? can I adjust the lights or get my local stealer to do it?
Any sugestions welcome! thanks

I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure headlight pattern should kick off to the left for UK cars.

What car do you have? I had the same problem on my girlfriends Mini. I think it has something to due with the difference in voltage, so had to buy a resistor kit to fool the car into thinking it had normal bulbs. These can also help to clear bulb warning lights. You can get them from fleabay, shouldn't be anymore than a tenner

Does anyone know how to fix my flickering problem. I fitted my HID kit, but one of the bulbs seems to flicker also most of the light is projected over to the left (pavement) than on the road ahead?? can I adjust the lights or get my local stealer to do it?
Any sugestions welcome! thanks

Sounds like you have either a dodgy ballast or bulb. Swap the ballast over to the other bulb and see if it flickers then. If it does you have a dodgy ballast if it doesnt then obviously the bulb is faulty

I also have a problem with my passenger side one as well. It does not turn on first time and i need to turn my lights on and off once or twice. Any ideas.

thanks

mr_sport

P.s sorry to jump in discostu and ask something as well.

It could be the holder (black plastic) which holds the bulbs in to. Maybe when you remove the cover there is cables attached to it. You might have been accidently loose out one of the cables. It happens to my mate pre-facelift EP3. I remember that with an EP, one side of the headlight were hard to get to.

Not sure whether this is a common issue with CTR light bulbs holder, my mate managed to order from honda and it works ok after that. Any HIDs with 6000K should be working fine.

It could be the holder (black plastic) which holds the bulbs in to. Maybe when you remove the cover there is cables attached to it. You might have been accidently loose out one of the cables. It happens to my mate pre-facelift EP3. I remember that with an EP, one side of the headlight were hard to get to.

Not sure whether this is a common issue with CTR light bulbs holder, my mate managed to order from honda and it works ok after that. Any HIDs with 6000K should be working fine.

Sorry I dont fully understand Si-tr. Do you mean the black thing that plugs into the back of the buld.

Does your mate have a part number.

Thanks

mr_sport

Sorry mate, I should of explain it much clearer. Anyway, my mate didn't get the part number for the holder. All he did was that he explain the issue to the dealer and they suggested it was the bulb holder. So, I'll suggest that its worth to give the dealer a call to find out. I hope this helps. Thanks

discostu: mate i fitted mine a few weeks ago and mine also shine slightly more to the left, i believe this is standard as if it went to the right then you would blind oncoming traffic!!!

as ctr-bud says, swap over the ballasts this will eliminate the possibility of it being a dodgy ballast or dodgy lamp!!

you should check the connections that you made from the old power supply to the new ballast as these can become loose and cause a bad connection giving you this flickering as it struggles to get a good connection.

mr sport: you could have a problem with a dodgy light or misfiring ballast! i would swap the ballasts also, this will give you an indication of which it could be.

hope this helps guys :D

To start with my off side bulb was flickering, I got back from work tonight and it's totally given up. I'm thinking the bulb, as it is almost 18 months old, And i do a fair bit of night driving . Should i change the bulbs or just buy a new kit??

Also, you might want to check the fuses as well. Normally, you should use 5amp more than the usual standard one for HIDs. + to make sure the earth is properly connected.

I'd also go with a faulty ballast. Swap the ballasts as recommended to confirm + it's also worth noting that with continued flickering, the bulb may also be damaged & 'pop' in the near future.

FIXED! right so I tried swapping bulbs around and ballests no joy, then tried putting a relay straight from the battery so maximum voltage could get to them no joy either. tried reseating the bulbs in a million different positions with colourfull language that didnt help either finnaly got so board I took it to Honda they said my beam wasnt set up correctly (aiming too much at the ground, not to the left or right?) I took it to Ultimate Audio Near Andover/Sailsbury they fitted me a new kit with relays, looks standard no showing of ballests or wiring etc and set up my beam too. Now there's no dark patches no flickering and their really bright. they said they couldnt understand apart from the kit was faulty. So name and shame unfortunatly the old kit was from Essex Racing. so they maybe cheeper but dont buy them people!
I have never had any problems with Essex Racing before so dont think im bad mouthing them just thort they were cheep. but it was rubbish waste of money!

Back