• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Elise Conversion

Hey all... Just about to drop a K20 into my Elise and thought I'd keep you posted with my progress over the coming weeks (hopefully not months!). It will probably be another 4 weeks until all the bespoke parts arrive and I can fit the engine. In the meantime I have a lot of cleaning to do and a suspension refresh whist the engine bay is empty. Pics show the old K-Series engine in-situ before being removed and the empty engine bay with the K20 ready and waiting!

Attachments

• P4040125.jpg
    P4040125.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 140
  • P4110131.jpg
    P4110131.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 115
  • P4110132.jpg
    P4110132.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 118
  • P4150133.jpg
    P4150133.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 119
Cool.

I love build up threads :D.

Will the K20 be stock, or will you make any alterations while it's out?

Cool.

I love build up threads :D.

Will the K20 be stock, or will you make any alterations while it's out?

Going to keep it stock for the time being. However, I'm open to suggestions regarding mods/replacements parts while the engine is out though. I could go silly if money was no object so not interested in cam upgrades etc at this stage.

When I get bored with the power I'll slap a SC on it:D

these conversions are quite common aren't they?
seems like its going to be alot of fun. if you have the spare cash personaly i would fit a s/c now while you have everything out

these conversions are quite common aren't they?
seems like its going to be alot of fun. if you have the spare cash personaly i would fit a s/c now while you have everything out

Yeah, quite a common conversion in the elise community together with the VAG turbo lump. You can get 200bhp from the k-series but you're pushing the limits and run into reliability issues....ummmm I know what you're saying re. the SC..... one step at a time me thinks

awesome!

hoping to do this conversion on my S2 next year which kit are you using or is it custom mounts etc

nice one was leaning to the exact same option of stark kit plus Kpro keep a record of the harness mods etc and you will be able to hold them to ransom when i get stuck lol

Awesome, think a sc might be a bridge too far though. You still want the car to be driveable, a sc'd K20 is going to turn it into a 1/4 mile missile but maybe not much else :twisted:

Awesome, think a sc might be a bridge too far though. You still want the car to be driveable, a sc'd K20 is going to turn it into a 1/4 mile missile but maybe not much else :twisted:

;) That's the plan. I've been pax in a S2 Elise with a Honda SC CC and it was the fastest thing I've EVER been in :eek:...... v scary!

Far from it, I went round Snetterton in a JRSC s2 elise and it was superb:cool:

Back