• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Elise Conversion

there was a fella on type-R.org that used to come to meets in a SC K20 Elise. can;t remember if he was on here? JDM Typy (Steve) feck me did that thing shift!

Will watch this with interest :)

Hiya.... using the Stark kit without the ECU as I'll be using the Honda ECU and will make the mods to the loom myself

I have been toying with this same idea. Stark full kit without electrical £3680 inc. VAT. If I do it, will be using Rotrex'd K20A from my DC5. Will also have to do the wiring loom mod. 'gourlay83' on SELOC has done this conversion and has produced a schematic for the Honda ECU for others to use. Will you be using the Stark supplied exhaust manifold? Gives top end BHP but lower mid range torque.

The kit has now arrived so let the fun commence :lol:

Since my first post I have been quiet, but busy, and waiting in anticipation for the conversion kit to arrive. I've since cleaned, and cleaned again, everything possible and replaced all the suspension components (bushes, ball joints, bearings etc) and fitted braided brake hoses etc (necessary when going from 118bhp to 200bhp!). I've stopped short of powdercoating/anodising all the wishbones etc so a lick of hammerite will have to suffice for now. This weekend will be spent fitting all the bits to the engine (sump baffle, engine mounts etc) before dropping the engine into place next weekend. Then it's just a case of plumbing the cooling and fuel before sorting out the electrics :confused:. Sounds easy but I'm sure I'll loose my cool at some point :mad:

Attachments

• P5090137.jpg
    P5090137.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 74
  • P5140141.jpg
    P5140141.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 73
  • P5140139.jpg
    P5140139.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 92
  • P5140140.jpg
    P5140140.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P5140142.jpg
    P5140142.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 73
Are you getting a baffled sump for the K20 chap ? Would highly advise it (you haven't mentioned one in your thread yet).

Are you getting a baffled sump for the K20 chap ? Would highly advise it (you haven't mentioned one in your thread yet).

Yeah, the kit came with a baffled sump which I fitted today. Would have been a straight forward job if I had removed ALL of the bolts holding the sump on. There was one that I couldn't see. Luckily it sheared off without breaking the sump..... lucky escape!

Attachments

• P5160145.jpg
    P5160145.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 54
Didn't see much of the sun this weekend but at least I made some progress in the garage. The engine went in on Sunday and I've now done as much as I can until I get the modified engine loom. Then I can finsh off the cooling and route the induction. Not sure if my silencer is going to fit but I wont know for sure until I try and put the rear clam shell back on.

The engine is looking sweeet with lots of shiney bits in a nice clean engine bay. The only thing letting it down is the cam cover which is looking tatty. So I will get that off this week and get it repainted in the same shade of red as the car. Then it will look really good! :lol:

Attachments

• P5250162.jpg
    P5250162.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 72
  • P5250165.jpg
    P5250165.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 75
  • P5250163.jpg
    P5250163.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 68
  • P5250166.jpg
    P5250166.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 63
it does look all clean and pristine the cam cover will look good matching the car colour, the only thing that catches my eye from the pictures is the coolant tank looks a little old compared to everything else might be worth replacing it to get rid of that yellowy look, think they are only cheap from eliseparts or hanger111 and the likes

it does look all clean and pristine the cam cover will look good matching the car colour, the only thing that catches my eye from the pictures is the coolant tank looks a little old compared to everything else might be worth replacing it to get rid of that yellowy look, think they are only cheap from eliseparts or hanger111 and the likes

Cheers. Yeah, a new expansion tank is on the shopping list (£32 from EP). Although it looks worst when it's empty.

could the expansion tank be replaced with something different like an alloy tank it's something thats always bigged me with the elise mine isn't too bad but i would still like to change it just not sure if its plastic for a reason?

Agreed, I quess and aftermarket one would look better but probably more expensive (my budget is already spiraling though). I guess it's clear plastic for the K-Series so that you can see the mayo easier when you have HGF :p

could the expansion tank be replaced with something different like an alloy tank it's something thats always bigged me with the elise mine isn't too bad but i would still like to change it just not sure if its plastic for a reason?

Agreed, I quess and aftermarket one would look better but probably more expensive (my budget is already spiraling though). I guess it's clear plastic for the K-Series so that you can see the mayo easier when you have HGF :p

good point think every K-Series owner needs to check it on every journey be hard work to do that without some sort of window on it :lol:

Right.... gone as far as I possibly can now until I get the modified loom then I can finish the cooling. I still need to get the ECU sorted but hopefully I'll be in a position to fire her up next weekend. Spent some time today replacing the expansion tank, adjusting the gear shift (but I still can't find reverse - where is it?) and fitting the cam cover which I painted yesterday. The cam cover was looking ropey so a can of Nitromos, red high temp. spray paint and a new gasket was the best £30 quid spent:lol:

Attachments

• P5260176.jpg
    P5260176.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 44
  • P5300177.jpg
    P5300177.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 46
  • P5300181.jpg
    P5300181.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 64
Back