• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Elise Conversion

:woot:Success..!!.. After a small problem with the loom I managed to get it started this evening for the first time. I wish I had a video to post but to be honest I was more concerned with making sure nothing was leaking or about to catch fire. My throat is still sore after I smoked out my garage with fumes from a engine thats probably not turned for 6 months. Not able to take it for a spin yet as I need to tidy up the wiring and re-fit the clam..... bring on tomorrow!!!...off to bed with a smile on my face :D

:cool: Nice one Russel ;)

What a weekend!!!!...... After working until 10am Friday night I finally fitted the undertray at 8am Saturday morning and took to the open road to see how she performed. I made sure that my fire extinguisher was close to hand and I had my AA card with me. I headed for the local ‘industrial area’ knowing that the roads would be empty and nobody would see me if oil, steam and fire was disappearing from the back end. After a couple of steady runs I decided to take it beyond 4k..... then I hit 4.6k and I was awoken by an almighty roar as the second cam kicked in and I went into orbit and every resident within a mile (like it or not) shared the moment with me.

I pulled over half expecting to see all sorts of fluid being expelled from my car buy the only fluids being expelled were from me.....!

With my sensible head on I decided to try and get a few miles under my belt in a typical ‘Sunday Driver’ style before heading home to get it back onto the ramps and check for leaks etc. 75 miles later I got home and checked her out all was good. So test drive #2 here we come.

I simply can’t get over just how easy the rev. counter disappears off the dial at 8k and it still keeps pulling!... totally insane..... as for the noise it’s stupid. I’m running a de-cat and I’m actually concerned it’s going to be too loud for trackdays. In fact, a friend of mine has a proper sound meter at work so I’ll going to pop round tomorrow to make sure it’s within 100dB at 4.5k as I have a TD booked on Friday.

Test drive #3 was in the heat of the day. Until now I’d not been able to check that the cooling fan kicked in at the right time and did the job. I was sat in typical Saturday traffic in Oxford watching my temp. go from 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 94, 93, 92... phew....it worked!

So far, touch wood, all is ok. I wish I had some more interesting pics to post but to be honest there’s not a lot to see once the clam is on.

Attachments

• P6140197.jpg
    P6140197.jpg
    602 KB · Views: 88
Going going there Russell, sounds like your having lots of fun with it.
Glad all the hard work is paying off. Bet you've not got a grin like a chessire cat ( and rightly so !).

Just remember if your doing track days to take some spare oil with ya and keep an eye on the levels etc. ( not that you need telling but I thouhgt I'd mention it ).

Have fun out there.

great build Russell. been wondering what to do with mine for a while now, friend has a Lotus special tuned VHPD, or i can go the same route as you. decisions/money...

Well, I thought the car couldn't get any better! OK, so the drivability at low levs was lumpy. So I booked a dyno and re-map with Artech in Guildford. Romain really knows his stuff and knew what was causing the drivability issues by just looking at the map before we went near the dyno. I wasn't expecting and gains in peak power. However, by the time he had finished it reached just over 200bhp at the wheels :eek: (239 at the fly) which was up from 183bhp at the wheels. Most noticable is the huge increase in torque and the ~45bhp increase from 4750 to 5750rpm.... Good job Romain:smt038

Thanks Russel, I'm really glad you're happy !

As I said, I do want a lap on track on the passenger seat in this little rocket !

As I said, I do want a lap on track on the passenger seat in this little rocket !

For sure!... I will be a Castle Combe this Saturday, Donny 31st Aug, Silverstone 5th Sept. I'll keep you posted when I book some more. When's your next TD? I need to do Brands one day!!:lol:

Back