• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Elise Conversion

Nice one thanks... maybe now I can find it
On the DC5 gearbox, I believe there is a solenoid that stops reverse being engaged above a certain speed, obviously you weren't traveling at the time :p but may have something to do with it I don't know? :confused:

EDIT: Found some blurb...

The DC5 uses a speed-sensored solenoid-type selection lock, RVS selection control system, same system adopted by NSX. When vehicle speed exceeds 20 km/h (~12 mph), the solenoid will be set to ON, a cam will be locked and the selection operation to a reverse gear becomes impossible, so a shift mistake can be prevented.

On the DC5 gearbox, I believe there is a solenoid that stops reverse being engaged above a certain speed, obviously you weren't traveling at the time :p but may have something to do with it I don't know? :confused:

EDIT: Found some blurb...

The DC5 uses a speed-sensored solenoid-type selection lock, RVS selection control system, same system adopted by NSX. When vehicle speed exceeds 20 km/h (~12 mph), the solenoid will be set to ON, a cam will be locked and the selection operation to a reverse gear becomes impossible, so a shift mistake can be prevented.

ummmm good point... can someone tell me if can you engage reverse on a EP3 with the battery disconnected/ingnition off?

ummmm good point... can someone tell me if can you engage reverse on a EP3 with the battery disconnected/ingnition off?

The EP3 setup is the same as the DC5. So with the ignition off you the solenoid is off so you can select reverse.

Very true.

Reverse is at 14 seconds :smt023

Video was taken with the engine off and key still in my pocket IIRC. Looks like an edit at 12 seconds but that was my phone having a moment, one continuous vid!

[video=youtube;1UOOVt8J1LU]old link autoupdated[/video]

Very true.

Reverse is at 14 seconds :smt023

Video was taken with the engine off and key still in my pocket IIRC. Looks like an edit at 12 seconds but that was my phone having a moment, one continuous vid!

[video=youtube;1UOOVt8J1LU]old link autoupdated[/video]

Nice one, thanks..... looks like I have some tweeking to do today then.

Sent the ECU off to CPL today for Hondata conversion + base map and booked dyno session on Monday 15th. Fingers crossed it starts ok when I get the ECU back next week :rolleyes:

A few people may have a few comments about CPL's maps and service. For the locality and the personal touch, many people rate Artech.

I've never used either so can't comment!!!

Just make sure you get what you want and paid for!! If your Dyno graph looks at all bumpy when you've got it all running, ask for a second map! :rolleyes:

A few people may have a few comments about CPL's maps and service. For the locality and the personal touch, many people rate Artech.

I've never used either so can't comment!!!

Just make sure you get what you want and paid for!! If your Dyno graph looks at all bumpy when you've got it all running, ask for a second map! :rolleyes:

Interesting.... who else in the South or Midlands can map a K-Pro?

Modified loom now fitted so I've also been able to finish the cooling pipework. Just waiting for my ECU then I'll be able to tidy up the wiring and see if it works.!!!:lol:

Attachments

• P6060190.jpg
    P6060190.jpg
    931.6 KB · Views: 72
  • P6060192.jpg
    P6060192.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 64
Interesting.... who else in the South or Midlands can map a K-Pro?

ARTech mate,

ARTech Tuning
Unit 6
Stag Hill Workshop
A3 By-pass
Guildford
GU2 7RZ
Surrey
U.K.

http://www.artech-tuning.co.uk/blog/index.php?

I have a had my CTR mapped there and was very happy with the servoce and the guys there, took there time and were very happy to explain everything there were doing.

Hope its not too far for you mate.

:woot:Success..!!.. After a small problem with the loom I managed to get it started this evening for the first time. I wish I had a video to post but to be honest I was more concerned with making sure nothing was leaking or about to catch fire. My throat is still sore after I smoked out my garage with fumes from a engine thats probably not turned for 6 months. Not able to take it for a spin yet as I need to tidy up the wiring and re-fit the clam..... bring on tomorrow!!!...off to bed with a smile on my face :D

Good on you man. I remember having a sore throat and eyes for about a week! Get the beast on the road tomorrow and start the 'insallation' milage.

Enjoy!

nice one russell sounds like it all went 'relatively' easily sure you'll be having some brown pants moments soon with the extra power in there :)

mambosasa think the forum members would like to see your conversion too :cool:

Good meeting you today Russell. The installation is looking sweeeet!

Here are a couple of photos of mine...

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

Back