• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 how many miles on a full tank

Sorry to jump in about my EP3 when I had it, 270 was about it for me too. Then it was refill time.

The feck arse of a tractor I drive now gives me 520 to the tank but I'm generally too drowzy to realise how economical it is.:lol:

was just wondering how many miles people are getting out a full tank on the fn2,i got 168 miles on a full tank:eek: ............:mad:

Just got 293 miles and an average of 30.5mpg shown, filled up yesterday.
That was with a full tank of BP ultimate. :D

My last top up was 265 miles and 29.5 mpg on standard unleaded. :(

Ended up playing Fuel Light Bingo today

25022010054.jpg

355 miles is the most I have achieved in any of my Type R's.
Generally I get around 300 (indicating 31mpg)

The display showed 0 to empty for approx 2 miles. Then it took 48litres of fuel before the first click. According to the spec's the fuel tank is 50 litres.

The trouble with running that low is not only are you cheating death in terms of running out of petrol, but you also start to suck up all the muck and residue from the bottom of the tank. :cool:

I've achieved 380 miles from 1 tank and the fuel light just came on by the time i got to the petrol station.

That was a mixture of all roads!

At the minute I'm getting about 260 a tank but I only live 5 miles from work and the weather is freezing. In the summer I see more like 300 and the most i've ever got is about 340....

The trouble with running that low is not only are you cheating death in terms of running out of petrol, but you also start to suck up all the muck and residue from the bottom of the tank. :cool:

I know what your saying, and I doubt it will happen again.
But now I know how much is really left in the tank when the light comes on.

Also as the car is only 5 months old, I'm hoping there shouldn't be too much muck in the bottom of the tank.

The old 'dirt in the tank' thing doesn't really apply to modern cars with plastic tanks imo.

I have only done one full tank and that did 330. Not bad considering I was, lets say...getting to know the car!! I do find the trip computer especially the MPG bit a little addictive! Makes me drive sensibly!! lol

I get 240-280ish, if I get a couple of runs up the bahn then its sub 200. I dont pay too much attention to the numbers, I love the car!

best mine has done was 200 on half a tank. i filled up before i got to empty though although the trip computer was predicting 400+ miles. round town and with my lead right boot it isnt too clever though.

Dont all modern petrol tanks draw petrol near the bottom area of the tank? if not, then how do they get the last few litres if it was drawn anywhere higher than the bottom?

I think it was at the bottom too on Top Gear where they did the drive from one end of UK to another and see who runs out, Jeremy made it back to the petrol station and the 'petrol tank cam' showed it was drawn from the bottom.

The fuel filter will stop the dirt but i wonder how it gets dirty in the first place? my last fuel filter on a different car had 'dark gunk' on it.

Some guy on civinfo posted this, he must have the patience of a saint:

09052010056.jpg

The trouble with running that low is not only are you cheating death in terms of running out of petrol, but you also start to suck up all the muck and residue from the bottom of the tank.

some myths never die do they...?

i've tried to control myself every time I fill up by telling myself that I will try to get the most economy out of this tank, I just can't do it. I get 250+/- miles out of the tank everytime so not too bad

Got 328.8 miles from last night tank, did the last couple of miles with the range reading zero and the needle under the red! :lol: Cost £60 to fill it back up then :(

250-300 is great IMO I get between 300-350 on 45 quid in my merc boat and its slow and boring so CTR=WIN IMO.

In the my EP3 I used to get about 250 and that’s was nearly all motorway miles.

The FN2 was slightly more but when it arrived from Birmingham it was averaging 49mpg!! That soon changed he must have driven at 40 mph the whole way!!!

Back