• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Indicatorless option'd topless hooligan

EP3 = 197bhp / 1204kg = 163.62bhp/t
E46 = 420bhp / 1570kg = 267.51bhp/t edit 338/1570 = 215.28bhp/t

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think the e46 m3 has 420bhp joe. i think its somewhere around 360.

don't know my m's mate :lol:

If it is the following bhp's, it's the following bhp/t

330=210.19
340=216.56
350=222.93
360=229.30
370=235.67
380=242.04
390=248.41
400=254.78
410=261.15
420=267.52
430=273.89
440=280.25
450=286.62

Last edited by a moderator:
the engine is supposed to have 340bhp but most come out the factory with 10bhp more than that so i think circa 350 is about right.

Does that make the seat higher? :lol:

:lol: Very good, but obvious :p
No mate, basically the horizontal bushes in the seat perish & you get a slight movement back & forward under heavy braking or acceleration. Seats out job to do though. But no biggy as the drivers seat will be coming out to treat the leather anyways so I'll do it then.

First sideways moment last night. Just as I got into the gym car park it started to rain, so I jabbed the loud pedal hard & it went sideways VERY quickly, I caught it, but be under no illusions that it looked skillful. As I caught it I came off the loud pedal & dipped the clutch, she sorta snapped back straight & away we went. Was fun though :twisted:
Had another go out of temper this morning on a roundabout in 2nd & it's alot more managable. Not a big drifto, but enough to get the bum moving.

First sideways moment last night. Just as I got into the gym car park it started to rain, so I jabbed the loud pedal hard & it went sideways VERY quickly, I caught it, but be under no illusions that it looked skillful. As I caught it I came off the loud pedal & dipped the clutch, she sorta snapped back straight & away we went. Was fun though :twisted:
Had another go out of temper this morning on a roundabout in 2nd & it's alot more managable. Not a big drifto, but enough to get the bum moving.

I'll post this now, so that you can appreciate it whilst you can.

Dear Lee, RIP, he was a much valued member of TRO, and shall be sorely missed.

:lol: Very good, but obvious :p
No mate, basically the horizontal bushes in the seat perish & you get a slight movement back & forward under heavy braking or acceleration. Seats out job to do though. But no biggy as the drivers seat will be coming out to treat the leather anyways so I'll do it then.

Sorry, had to get in there first :lol: I know what you mean though and it's bloody irritating.

Getting there with the drifting then Monk, it's so rewarding when you pull a nice drift. Keep at it, but she will be a different beast in the dry. Bye bye tyres.

Ha, quality Lee :lol: .

The discerning factor as to whether its a win or a fail, is if you have the balls big enough to keep the power on and slide out of it.

Coming straight off the power when she breaks loose is the natural reaction, which results in the snap back and pendulum effect, which is FAIL.

Hard to get right, well it was and still is for me anyway :lol: .

Book a day tuition on the skid pan, I won a 2 hour session a few years ago... it was probably the most fun I've ever had in a car with my clothes on.

Hard to get right, well it was and still is for me anyway :lol: .

:lol: My prefered method is to just let the wheel slip through your hands and let it correct its self or correct it back to 12 oclock but try not to wind any oppo lock on whilst keeping a steady throttle. It's fine catching the slide counter steering but if you dont get the lock off quick enough,the rear ARB unloads like a SOB and fishtails you up the road.This only works if its a small slip angle say coming off a roundabout. If youre practicing your Drift king moves then you got to try and catch it lol

Just emailed Storm Motorwerks about a gear knob & cigarette lighter blank.
This could be fudging expensive :lol:
Might also get Steve to change the VANOS & air filter when he does the work next week.

change the vanos? what you on about the besian rings or get the whole system refurbed? air filter will be like five quid so won't hurt to do that.

Sorry Ross, VANOS filter is it?
The air filter is £30 odd with BMW :eek: but would be a motorfactors number tbh.
Also just had a reply from Bespoke Leathering about a repair kit for the seat marks.
The kit includes 2 colour dyes, 2 applicators, cleaner & conditioner.
Ang will be pleased when she comes home to find my drivers chair in pieces in the living room & dye all over my face like a simple child :D

sorry lee you've lost me when you said "change the vanos and air filter". the two aren't linked. the air filter is a normal panel filter, about 7 quid from motorfactors i would imagine. as for changing the vanos, on your engine you'll have dual vanos, inlet and exhaust camshaft. i thought you had a problem with the vanos like it was rattling which sometimes you get when the cars have done over 80k or 10 years old as vanos is just some cogs and sh*t that turn and make power (as you can tell i know what i am talking about completely). sometimes the rubber o rings that hold some of the parts in place perish that means you need to change them. if you are unlucky the vanos is just screwed and you have to buy a recon unit off the yanks.

http://beisansystems.com/

http://www.drvanos.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=2

Sorry Ross, I was under the impression there is a seperate VANOS filter (Sort of a mini oil filter).
The air filter is no worries. I know you get a growl from worn gears on the VANOS, but this can happen indefinately with no ill affects on performance. I know the seals & bolts are often the cause of problems. Alternatively it's the solenoid that fails.
There is a chap in the UK that'll come to your house/work & sort the VANOS for very reasonable money.
Mr.Vanos & S50 linky
A couple of guys have had this company come sort theirs out & been very impressed.

Back