• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

induction kit

This is the first mod I bought for my EP3, and it lasted about 2 weeks. Unless you intend on drilling a hole in your bumper for the intake, I really wouldn't bother.

This is the first mod I bought for my EP3, and it lasted about 2 weeks. Unless you intend on drilling a hole in your bumper for the intake, I really wouldn't bother.

hhhmmmm not good,any other decent closed air kits around?

Try the AEM CAI, proven performance at a good price, and has an addictive sound ;)

That kit is ****, I bought one and the guy on ebay sent me some universal thing, not even sealed in original packaging so I sent it back without even trying it.

this guy wants £250 for his ITG. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?81585-ITG-Maxogen-(Covered-less-than-200miles!)

It's relatively quiet as I understand with proven gains but still Tegiwa is regarded as Number 1. If you want one of the highly regarded induction kits with proven gains then go for tegiwa, AEM CAI or ITG.

That kit is ****, I bought one and the guy on ebay sent me some universal thing, not even sealed in original packaging so I sent it back without even trying it.

this guy wants £250 for his ITG. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?81585-ITG-Maxogen-(Covered-less-than-200miles!)

It's relatively quiet as I understand with proven gains but still Tegiwa is regarded as Number 1. If you want one of the highly regarded induction kits with proven gains then go for tegiwa, AEM CAI or ITG.

Or GruppM ;)

Do you mean Gruppe M, the Tegiwa is a cheap knock off copy of the Gruppe, which is by far the better product, but also has a far bigger price.

Do you mean Gruppe M, the Tegiwa is a cheap knock off copy of the Gruppe, which is by far the better product, but also has a far bigger price.

I fail to see how Gruppe M is "by far the better product". As i'm sure it's been argued countless times, it's essentially the same without the logo, any other differences that i'm unaware of? I don't think OP cares about JDM originality either, and Tegiwa is now a well respected brand in its own right. If it makes you feel better, I do consider Gruppe M equal as number 1, I just didnt see the point mentioning it as it's less common and more expensive.

The Tegi box is much thinner and flexes. The GruppeM is much sturdier.

They'll both make around the same gains, just one is cheaper both in materials used and end cost.

It is by far the better intake, as it is the original. The price surely tells you it will be a higher quality Carbon Weave, it requires little to no modding to get it to fit, whereas people have had a few issues with the Tegiwa. Yes Tegiwa may be producing good quality stuff, but they are simply copying what is already out there. And the Gruppe may not be as uncommon as you think, a hell of a lot of people on here have had them. TBH i don't really care for the JDMness of it, and the price i understand is sometimes seen as ludicrous, but the quality alone of the product is to some worth it.
I actually recommended the AEM as a good alternative, it is cheap and has masses of proven performance over a number of years of use by a number of people. I have had both of these intakes aswell as a K&N (i was a little naive at the time:lol: ), and as for Bang for Buck the AEM is hard beaten.

The Tegi box is much thinner and flexes. The GruppeM is much sturdier.

They'll both make around the same gains, just one is cheaper both in materials used and end cost.

I see, I figured it would be that. Have any Tegiwas broken? if not, i'm not really bothered :)

ok will look for an aem then

how much they go for?

Good choice bud, addicitve noise and added proven performance. Just get used to your fuel dissapearing quicker as you will be Vtec'ing everywhere just to hear the howl at 8000rpm ;):lol:

If you're into vtec sounds, KN Typhoon is also good. Both AEM, Typhoon have their drawbacks, AEM with hydrolock and Typhoon with heatsoak. :D

i wouldn't be worried about the hydrolock issue though as i don't know anyone who has had a problem with it, if you're an idiot and drive through water deep enough to submerge the filter then you have a problem, a problem you deserve for being retarded enough to do it in the first place...

Back