• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

induction kit

The Typhoon is SH@T, i have experience. The AEM CAI will only get hydrolock at around two feet of water and by then it would be coming in the door sills, so you would have something else to be worried about. A lot of people on here have had the AEM and driven in the worst weather and never had a single issue. If you are worried about hydrolock you can always get the sock thing that goes over it, but that is more cost for nothing TBH.

As above, an AEM on UK roads will be absolutely fine. No problems at all, if you're going into that depth of water an EP3 is the wrong decision on car purchase, let alone intake purchase! Although we've not being doing AEM for years.. We've never had a problem, and personally I've never had issues with my DC2 CAI which I've had on for about 2 years or so.

As above, an AEM on UK roads will be absolutely fine. No problems at all, if you're going into that depth of water an EP3 is the wrong decision on car purchase, let alone intake purchase! Although we've not being doing AEM for years.. We've never had a problem, and personally I've never had issues with my DC2 CAI which I've had on for about 2 years or so.

do you sell the aem's? how much are they? for an ep3 type r

We can do the 2.5" pipe cold air intake for £195, 3" pipe cold air intake for £208 and the V2 kits for £229 :)

Simon

The 2.5" will be, the 3" is straight fit but requires more "wiggling" around as it's thicker. The V2 is the dual chamber intake kit, they're short rams but have an oversized intake pipe to force more air into the intake. Never heard a bad word about them to be honest. They look like this:

DSC_0005-2.jpg

Si.

The 2.5" will be, the 3" is straight fit but requires more "wiggling" around as it's thicker. The V2 is the dual chamber intake kit, they're short rams but have an oversized intake pipe to force more air into the intake. Never heard a bad word about them to be honest. They look like this:

DSC_0005-2.jpg

Si.

cheers buddy,is the v2 a direct fit? looks good

Yep, straight fit.. Will require less work than the CAI kit as well as with them you need to remove the arch lining etc. Just depends on personal preference.

Si.

Yep, straight fit.. Will require less work than the CAI kit as well as with them you need to remove the arch lining etc. Just depends on personal preference.

Si.

ok mate thanks for the help i will let ya know what i decide to do

I'm sorry, WHAT?

How? The air is drawn in through a vacuum effect in the cylinder.

A larger bore pipe will not FORCE more air in. It'll simply allow more air to flow, but it's restricted by the diameter of the throttle body.

The V2 suffers from heat soak too. Proven. The filter sits very close to the exhaust manifold.

The CAI is the way to go if you want the best BHP per £

It sits in the wheel arch and its a little bit awkward to fit, but its in a good place and draws in cold air.

don't worry i've PMed MRANGRY and said as much, can't have him buying an inferior induction kit :p

i would of thought that the pipercross venom or viper would have been better as its enclosed therfore no heat soak or risk of water getting in,the aem cai as you said sits in the arch so will be open to water

confused.com i am

If there happened to be a swimming pool deep enough to cover the front bumper and wheels would you drive into it? :D no lol. Don't worry about the water.

Open to water? What water?

It's protected from the elements by the wheel arch liner and bumper.

The only water you'd need to worry about is very deep puddles, but you'd be mad to drive through one anyway....

Open to water? What water?

It's protected from the elements by the wheel arch liner and bumper.

The only water you'd need to worry about is very deep puddles, but you'd be mad to drive through one anyway....

point taken,looks like an aem cai is on the cards then

The AEM is nowhere near as bad to fit as people think mate. I didn't take out the wheel liner, merely cut a square out of it, the worst part is feeding the tube down through the engine bay, but with a little help, it's not so bad ;)

The AEM is nowhere near as bad to fit as people think mate. I didn't take out the wheel liner, merely cut a square out of it, the worst part is feeding the tube down through the engine bay, but with a little help, it's not so bad ;)

i have the use of a ramp-would that benefit me?

Sun right, a ramp is not really much of a benefit when fitting the kit, the only awkward bit is the feeding through and the cutting of the wheel liner, other than that it's a piece of cake ;)

I'm sorry, WHAT?

How? The air is drawn in through a vacuum effect in the cylinder.

A larger bore pipe will not FORCE more air in. It'll simply allow more air to flow, but it's restricted by the diameter of the throttle body.

The V2 suffers from heat soak too. Proven. The filter sits very close to the exhaust manifold.

The CAI is the way to go if you want the best BHP per £

It sits in the wheel arch and its a little bit awkward to fit, but its in a good place and draws in cold air.

Sorry bud, totally wrong wording.. I don't want to make it sound like an intake will act as "forced induction", nothing like that at all. But you're right.

I've personally not used a V2 but with it being a short ram I can see how it is prone to heat soak. It just depends if you're after an easier fit or better performing kit.

To be honest, the CAI would be the best kit, and alot cheaper too.

Back