• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

induction kit

right ive been looking at pics of the aem cai fitted to ep3's and i didnt realise it sits so close to the front wheel,are you definatly sure water cant get to it other than driving in deep puddles? i would of thought that water splash from the front wheels when its ****ing it down would get onto the filter?

sorry to sound like a noob but i love my car and dont wanna **** it up

thankyouplease

i've driven through the heaviest rain i've ever seen on the M4 with mine, had it over a year and never had any problems, really wouldn't worry about it mate

I have honestly never spoken to anyone who has suffered hydrolock from a CAI, I have got the Injen CAI fitted on my EP3 (essentially the same product as the AEM) which sits just behind the bumper, the week I had it fitted I had to drive in snow that was literally just under the front lip and didnt have any issues at all.

The only thing I would say is becareful using a jet wash around the bumper/wheel arch but apart from that you will be fine, go for it mate you wont regret it, TDI North fitted mine and made a superb job as they always do.

if your really worried AEM make a relief type valve that sits in the engine bay so that if water would be soaked up it gets air from the valve instead

It safe but still there is a chance getting water to it. If some water sucked in then it would evaporise on it's way going to the inlet. So hydrolock will only happen if you submerge your bumper/filter to a very deep puddle. :D

Get GRUPPE M or TEG M, no drawbacks at all for just 150 more.

I was gonna go for AEM CAI but I've got some cracks on my arch liner so I ended up getting second hand Tegiwa.

You won't get nervous when it's raining or anything.

I won't risk my engine for only 150. :D

If you are driving through a puddle (or river) deep enough to worry about hydrolock you should worry more about getting wet feet from flooding the cabin, road spray isnt a problem even in heavy rain, I have driven in what you could describe as monsoon rain without any problems :)

I think the argument over induction kits could go on forever but if its only the worry of hydrolock putting you off a CAI then dont let it they are great products.

If you are driving through a puddle (or river) deep enough to worry about hydrolock you should worry more about getting wet feet from flooding the cabin, road spray isnt a problem even in heavy rain, I have driven in what you could describe as monsoon rain without any problems :)

I think the argument over induction kits could go on forever but if its only the worry of hydrolock putting you off a CAI then dont let it they are great products.

This. :D

We have just developed a velocity stack which will once dyno'd hopefully make our airbox the BEST available.

See facebook for more details.

It will only become the "BEST" available when you up your QC on your product. Until such time the Gruppe M you copied will allways be the best.

We have just developed a velocity stack which will once dyno'd hopefully make our airbox the BEST available.

5c0c9506-a90b-4fa3.jpg

Back