• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is this going too far??

ATR I could have bought one!

Accord is above Civic? I wish I had known that >_< Well it's not as quick thats for sure. I'm just jelous coz I can't be arsed cleaning the CTR today. Going down a muck track for work monday morning anyway.....

Accord is above Civic? I wish I had known that >_< Well it's not as quick thats for sure. I'm just jelous coz I can't be arsed cleaning the CTR today. Going down a muck track for work monday morning anyway.....

Maybe you just lack the intellect to understand my post - never mind. :roll:

Scousefella I.Q 200 <o/

Ohh it was very understandable indeed, don't worry. Sorry for been a sarcarstic dumb victim of yours! :(

its nuts and over the top but fair play to the guy for having a hobby and the results are well good.

only prob is it must take over his life with worry when he's driving it around or a bird crapping on it.

wow I'd be too scared to even look at it lol

As above if it gives the man enjoyment then who am I to judge.. and he is welcome to give my car a quick clean..

I thought I was bad spending hours cleaning, waxing and polishing mine last year.

The detailing guy is the same lad that charges bout 5K to wash supercars aint it??

Going to that much effort is a waste of time especially being in the UK. Sunnier climates would do the time and effort more justice.
But the sad thing is I bet, is that the owner probably drives it only on nice sunny days, like a Hypercar owner would do.:p :p

From what i could gather, he lives in Bris'ol, so it will probably be nicked within a week anyway, so a complete waste of time? OH HELL YES!:lol: :lol:

Oi! Aint nowt wrong with Brizzle! (Although your probably right!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the car, what a waste of time and money. Two minutes down the road and its dirty again. Save that kinda stuff for vintage Ferrari's and the like. Not some mass produced Vauxhall that will be rusty in a year anyway. And if he does live in Bristol then it will have seagull sh1t on it sometime in the next 20 mins anyway!

And how pi$$ed off is he gonna be when he picks up his 14year old wenches from Kingswood high street and they get chips and fake tan on his rear seats? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be a nightmare to own though if he's that obsessed.... i'd never want to drive it...

haha

Oi! Aint nowt wrong with Brizzle! (Although your probably right!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the car, what a waste of time and money. Two minutes down the road and its dirty again. Save that kinda stuff for vintage Ferrari's and the like. Not some mass produced Vauxhall that will be rusty in a year anyway. And if he does live in Bristol then it will have seagull sh1t on it sometime in the next 20 mins anyway!

And how pi$$ed off is he gonna be when he picks up his 14year old wenches from Kingswood high street and they get chips and fake tan on his rear seats? :lol: :lol: :lol:
R O F L M A O @ 14 yr olds! :lol:

Makes me laugh at how many people are slating the guy for being so meticulous with his car - be it an Astra or an Aston.

Remember guys, the majority of us own "A Civic". That would be the car just above the Jazz in the range and just below the Accord.

It also happens to be a direct road going competitor in size and functionality as the Vauxhall Astra. Honda make the Type R, Vauxhall make the VXR, VW make the GTi etc etc. Birds of a feather guys.

It'd be OTT IMO if it was an Aston or even a Ferrari for the simple fact that the car is brand new!

Must be a nightmare to own though if he's that obsessed.... i'd never want to drive it...

He must be a nightmare to live with. :confused:

I'm a neat freak about my mota and try to keep it nice and tidy. However, I do not go to the level of detail that the chap in the thread has gone into as I have learnt that any sort of poo, rubbish and mud will stick to the car regardless and burn its way through. Yes, carunba wax is good stuff and sets nice and hard but it does eventually strip off. Car paints are subject to a lot of extreme conditions and no level of detailing will stop damage.

concur with the dragonfly. the guy clearly has an advanced case of OCD. you can tell this by how he setup the whole week. was crapping it about them removing stickers from the car. then how immaculate the garage is and so on. when you take your life that seriously and compartmentalise everything it is not good for your general well being considering the fact that the most important parts of life are uncontrollable.

It's not OTT to clean a brand new car because right from the factory they can have imperfections that require sorting. That said, it was definitely over the top. A 3-4 hour session on the first day would've had sorted the car and had the car gleaming. That detailing guy must've seen him coming a mile off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back