• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ITB's

Trung said:
I think The Keiser has them installed in his CTR.

Looks like pics of my actual car :D

Delighted with Guy & the ITB's. Collecting on Monday so will try & get a sound clip to post for you all 8)

MilanoChris said:
Bit of a newb question this, but how is the air filtered :oops:

Chris,

Guy put a sponge filter to fi across all ITB's. I know you can get individual sock type filters as well but I just left it to Guy :D

MilanoChris said:
Bit of a newb question this, but how is the air filtered :oops:

They fit boots over the trumpets mate.....They look just like a boot version of an air filter :wink:

This pic of a different sort of filter Chris, same method applies

Sara said:
Guy....

Can you let me know any more info on them, dosent say much on your website. Also with a set of 'aftermarket' cams what do you reckon power would be roughly knowing what my car has already??

CPL Website said:
In both the most recent K20 application and previous B series applications this conversion gives a solid 20 Wheel Horse Power improvement. Coupled with a good combination of Exhaust system and cams power is produced in excess of 9000rpm.

Notice the "Solid" 20bhp power improvement.

Now look at this:

CPLMyCivicDyno.jpg

This dyno graph was with the addition of IPS K2 camshafts. :!:
And I recall a certain race car with Toda A2's running about 200@wheels on the CPL dyno last year. (It was the one evilowl dug up the plots for where they tried the std vs ITR vs Toda A2 camshafts on a Motec ecu then went to CPL to try a Kpro)

Now look at this:

Its the actual IPS results measured at wheel of just the K2 camshafts with intake and exhaust.
ips-k2_dynojet_actual.jpg

And this was the screenshot of 2 identical cars one with Toda N2's and the other with IPS K2's on the same day on the System-R dyno before the software upgrade. Note that both made manufacturers quoted figures:
k2vsn26vr_web.jpg

Today I saw a K2 installed car run a 220bhp@wheels with intake and exhaust on the now upgraded dyno at TDi.

I want ITB's, but by the evidence so far I will be holding out until I see considerably better results either from the same car on another dyno, 1/4 mile times (terminals more than et's :wink: ) or other cars.

Slightly off topic, what were the results from Stanwans running with the clockwise ITB's?
I saw the Nemesis cars results but they were quoting something daft like 22% wheel losses. :?

tp said:
Sara said:
Guy....

Can you let me know any more info on them, dosent say much on your website. Also with a set of 'aftermarket' cams what do you reckon power would be roughly knowing what my car has already??

CPL Website said:
In both the most recent K20 application and previous B series applications this conversion gives a solid 20 Wheel Horse Power improvement. Coupled with a good combination of Exhaust system and cams power is produced in excess of 9000rpm.

Notice the "Solid" 20bhp power improvement.

Now look at this:

CPLMyCivicDyno.jpg

This dyno graph was with the addition of IPS K2 camshafts. :!:
And I recall a certain race car with Toda A2's running about 200@wheels on the CPL dyno last year. (It was the one evilowl dug up the plots for where they tried the std vs ITR vs Toda A2 camshafts on a Motec ecu then went to CPL to try a Kpro)

Now look at this:

Its the actual IPS results measured at wheel of just the K2 camshafts with intake and exhaust.
ips-k2_dynojet_actual.jpg

And this was the screenshot of 2 identical cars one with Toda N2's and the other with IPS K2's on the same day on the System-R dyno before the software upgrade. Note that both made manufacturers quoted figures:
k2vsn26vr_web.jpg

Today I saw a K2 installed car run a 220bhp@wheels with intake and exhaust on the now upgraded dyno at TDi.

I want ITB's, but by the evidence so far I will be holding out until I see considerably better results either from the same car on another dyno, 1/4 mile times (terminals more than et's :wink: ) or other cars.

Slightly off topic, what were the results from Stanwans running with the clockwise ITB's?
I saw the Nemesis cars results but they were quoting something daft like 22% wheel losses. :?

My graph is on a Dyno Dynamics RR in shoot out mode, the other garphs are not and to date the DD RR has proven to be far more accurate than any other system in the UK. That will be why your figures are far higher :wink:

I have a Maha dyno (how ever you spell it) RR local to me so if you wish for me to put it on that dyno & show inflated figures then I will, I just don't see the point, I can see how it runs on the tarmac though and have every faith that the ITB's will show a good result :wink:

You are also forgetting this engine has 2k miles on it, if it were of similar mileage what do you think the end result would be ?

Why don't you put your car on the CPL dyno to get a comparison, I think you will see ITB's make a difference. :wink:

The Keiser said:
My graph is on a Dyno Dynamics RR in shoot out mode, the other garphs are not and to date the DD RR has proven to be far more accurate than any other system in the UK. That will be why your figures are far higher :wink:

Who says it's the most accurate in the UK? The owner of a 2WD one by any chance? :lol:

It actually reads considerably lower than G-Forces 4WD DD as proven by people that have been on both. :wink:

When Saxo92 (fella who ran the std vs ITR vs A2 test) went to CPL their dyno was within 2bhp of the Owen TAT one. This made 197 on the Owen dyno and 200 on the CPL one. This is with the far lower spec Toda A2 camshafts, CDA airbox, Toda manifold and Spoon N1.

You state you cannot make this sort of power with camshafts alone. this has been proven to be possible even on the CPL dyno. Since then the benchmark has been moved along a long way. People are making 220+bhp at the wheels with the camshafts and CAI/exhaust modifications all around the world on all sorts of dyno's including DD ones. With the addition of ITB's you should be way over that, be it a low mileage engine or not.

End of the day a dyno is a tuning tool and you cant really compare one against the other. thing is the facts are there if you look for them that the IPS K2 camshaft are one of the best out there and results on dyno's and tracks substantiate that.

Get a few miles on the car and this summer try and do a few 1/4 mile runs with proper timing gear. As a benchmark Paul Jones ran a 13.7 at 106mph with intake, exhaust and a set of K2's to win FWD class at Rotostock last year.
You want to be bettering that. :wink:

If you cant get anywhere near then seriously start to worry. :twisted:
As a benchmark I also did a 13.9@101 with standard cams last March with just under 10K miles on the clock. :wink:

tp said:
The Keiser said:

Who says it's the most accurate in the UK? The owner of a 2WD one by any chance? :lol:

All tuners I have ever worked with !

It actually reads considerably lower than G-Forces 4WD DD as proven by people that have been on both. :wink:
this was run by Chris or John ?

When Saxo92 (fella who ran the std vs ITR vs A2 test) went to CPL their dyno was within 2bhp of the Owen TAT one. This made 197 on the Owen dyno and 200 on the CPL one. This is with the far lower spec Toda A2 camshafts, CDA airbox, Toda manifold and Spoon N1.

You state you cannot make this sort of power with camshafts alone. this has been proven to be possible even on the CPL dyno. Since then the benchmark has been moved along a long way. People are making 220+bhp at the wheels with the camshafts and CAI/exhaust modifications all around the world on all sorts of dyno's including DD ones. With the addition of ITB's you should be way over that, be it a low mileage engine or not.

You say it's been proven on the CPL dyno, yet no n/a car with these mods have made this on the CPL dyno [/b]"220ATW"

End of the day a dyno is a tuning tool and you cant really compare one against the other. thing is the facts are there if you look for them that the IPS K2 camshaft are one of the best out there and results on dyno's and tracks substantiate that.

Get a few miles on the car and this summer try and do a few 1/4 mile runs with proper timing gear. As a benchmark Paul Jones ran a 13.7 at 106mph with intake, exhaust and a set of K2's to win FWD class at Rotostock last year.
You want to be bettering that. :wink:

If you cant get anywhere near then seriously start to worry. :twisted:
As a benchmark I also did a 13.9@101 with standard cams last March with just under 10K miles on the clock. :wink:

I will :twisted:

TP ?

Why do you continue to post Dyno results and basically talk about Dyno results from other Dynos when its been porved beyond reasonable doubt that the TDI Dyno ready over 15bhp different (higher) than Guys dyno

Personally its pointless, stating figures from other dynos etc etc and whats best etc etc as you have said and even agreed on they are tuning tools and no more, all this talk of Dyno figures and this and that is pointless.

Accepted a terminal speed on a 1/4 Mile will be a much better comparison to be honest. (well I think so anyway)

Why dont you got to Guys and run your car on his Dyno and see what you get for comparrison.

As you know we did it with mine the day after it had been supercharged and the TDI Dyno was readu 15BHP more, and that was with loads of wheelspin, Paul was trying to stop this by doing run after run, but as I shit myself with the car on the dyno we didnt do that many runs.

Im also interested to see what ITBs will do, and next year should bring some interesting results, lets just hope that these people who are having all the work done actually race there cars (i know its not for all) and not just band Rolling Road figures about like kids in a playground :)

Not trying to wind anyone up or looking for a reaction in any way.

Interesting that you stat that the IPS K2 Cams were one of the best cams though :)

Dyno Test

TP

We would be happy to let you run your car on the dyno for a couple of power runs with our compliments. Just give Guy a call on 01795 668778 on Monday or email us at [email protected] with some dates convenient to yourself and we will fit you in.

Look forward to meeting you.

Regards

Lynn
CPL Racing

TP

We would be happy to let you run your car on the dyno for a couple of power runs with our compliments. Just give Guy a call on 01795 668778 on Monday or email us at [email protected] with some dates convenient to yourself and we will fit you in.

Regards

Lynn
CPL Racing

There you go TP cant beat that offer and deffinately be intereting to see results, and then maybe you can all have a chat and be happy families :)

Tarticus said:
TP ?

Im also interested to see what ITBs will do, and next year should bring some interesting results, lets just hope that these people who are having all the work done actually race there cars (i know its not for all) and not just band Rolling Road figures about like kids in a playground :)

Tart

You can be assured what ever mods my car gets it will be 'raced' in the proper sense of the word. May even put the wheels straight again so I can go under 'my elusive' 14s barrier :wink:

Sara

Tarticus said:
TP

Regards

Lynn
CPL Racing

There you go TP cant beat that offer and deffinately be intereting to see results, and then maybe you can all have a chat and be happy families :)

Its on like donkey kong beeeeeaaaaaaaaatchhhhaaaaa :D

- Kevin.

Interesting......The Jenvey ones need lots of serious cutting. Whose brand of throttle bodies have been bolted on your car??

The trumpets on the CPL website certainly look a lot shorter than the ones I was shown at the Autosport yesterday.

Back