• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

japspeed manifold and decat pipe

A mate of mine has one. Not bad quality and made half decent gains when it was rolling road setup. You pay for what you get , but there is alot worse out there....

Last edited by a moderator:
By looking at the picture the de-cat is all in on the mani so the whole thing will have to come off.
I have been told that if you put your car in for a MOT with no cat, but you put a £10 or £20 note on the passenger seat some how the car passes emissions..... strange that one ;)

By looking at the picture the de-cat is all in on the mani so the whole thing will have to come off.
I have been told that if you put your car in for a MOT with no cat, but you put a £10 or £20 note on the passenger seat some how the car passes emissions..... strange that one ;)

yes i heard that one to, will give it a go when it comes to mot time

Only if you have the car 'mapped' to run with the mani (so that means a Hondata ecu or other brand), otherwise the engine will run lean and thats not good, but yeah with a mani it will be a better improvement that just a de-cat.

Japspeed are well known in the scooby world, and they have just become traders on the MLR.

Not sure on what to make of them tbh, a decent Evo mani is about £800, japspeeds mani is £150... :lol: :freak:

did you have the hondata as well?
nah just the 02 simulator that screws into it my check light would come on now and again but its just a case of pulling out the num 6 fuse i think and reseting it takes about 2 mins tbh
theres a lot of scare mongering about it will run lean etc but naturally the type r s run rich anyway so dont worry about that i had it on the rollers and the tester says it was fine :twisted:

Back