• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Sweet motor, guessing you won't get stung as much on tax with it being an older DC5.

Depends on the model report used to register it. Dotty's was a similar age and his would have been £400.

very nice tone :cool::cool:,

any chance of a picture of the footwell lighting when dusk so i can see how it compares to my kits etc?

Hey thought id post here... i hope you enjoy it... it will be missed :( , but its gone to a good home. :D

Hey thought id post here... i hope you enjoy it... it will be missed :( , but its gone to a good home. :D

Hi mate,

Can you give a review of the car, what you thought of them, good and bad points and why you sold it please?

It would be very much appreciated..

Thanks.

Date of Liability 01 03 2009
Date of First Registration 01 02 2007
Year of Manufacture 2001 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2000CC
CO2 Emissions 223g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval M1

The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £115.50
12 Months Rate £210.00

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Useful info.

200BHPCARS said:
Hi carl, there are 3 possible Tax bands the DC5 falls in to - regardless of Age.

I think its more appropriate now to state what the road tax will cost to RENEW nexy year onwards 2009 >

A. PLG - £200

B. 223 g/kg Model Report = £300

C 234 g/kg Model Report = £415

Which Band each indivdual Car is regsitered in was detemined by the importer.

Cars imported to the UK from 2001-2004 are more likely to be PLG. This braket is actually reserved for cars manufactured before 2001 (No Dc5's!) but a few years ago (before the big kick off about Emmisions and Green taxes) the DVLA often registered all imports as PLG as it was a force of habit. If you have one of these cars you are lucky to be paying up to £215 a year less in road tax compared to other Dc5 owners.

Just a note, we were still getting away with registering all of our Dc5 imports on PLG tax band until around late 2007 - after that the DVLA closed the loop hole.

After PLG, it depends which of the 2 Model reports were used to SVA test the Dc5 by the individual importer.

Again, back before the Super Motorist taxes - it wouldnt have really mattered to importers which report they used - as the varying emmisions levels of 223 vs 234 g/kg of carbon emmisions didnt have an impact on the Vehicle excise duty rate. However it does now...

If your Dc5 was registered on the Latter of the two model report then unfortunatly i dont think there is anything you can do about it.

Amazingly there are still some clueless importers out there still using the model report which puts the Dc5 in to the highest tax band. Costing then a further £100 or so for 6 months tax at the time of registering and the owner a Road tax bill of £415 from New year.

As mentioned, if your buying a pre-registered Dc5 check on the database with the DVLa to find out whic of the 3 potential categories it falls in to.

www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/

Hope this helps clarify matters for potential buyers...

Andy
200bhp

Back