• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

TJ,

Why not try lining the boot with newspaper then follow the trail of wet paper to where it enters the car ??

For all you know it could be coming in via the boot hinges in the roof ??

Just a thought like :) .

Tony, in that last pic you posted of your flaps (oo-er) there's a rusty water mark down the side, looks like water has been coming down that from what looks like light by that white blob chewing gum (I know it's not chewing gum for the record)

Also are you sure it's not coming in from the boot lid? Maybe the spoiler holes? Or draining in behind any plastics from the C-pillar/boot as I thought it could be the aerial possibly or from the roof/tailgate gap.

I can understand why you've done it but won't drilling holes under the car for drainage make it worse with road spray from water on the road surface. My mate had a home in his floor and his carpets were soaked! I hate things like this they're so frustrating!

I can understand why you've done it but won't drilling holes under the car for drainage make it worse with road spray from water on the road surface. My mate had a home in his floor and his carpets were soaked! I hate things like this they're so frustrating!

I see your point but the amount of water that gets into the car from underside drainage holes will be nowhere near the amount that will enter via surface run off from the roof. Which ever way its getting in :) .

The drainage holes are only about 5mm in diameter, so getting lots of spray into the boot from the road is not really going to happen to the extent that it will soak the carpet.

The boot is only leaking in the middle now as illustrated in my earlier pictorial thread. I can trace the water back to the top of the boot hinge, but it's sealed to fcuk around there, so it must be tracking from somewhere else. The problem is that their is multiple overlapping bits of metal work, so to find the leak I would need something like a flexible endoscope. Drilling holes is much easier :lol:.

I see your point but the amount of water that gets into the car from underside drainage holes will be nowhere near the amount that will enter via surface run off from the roof. Which ever way its getting in :) .

Fair one. I didn't realize it was *that much* water lol! If it's that serious Following the self failed attempted to fix it I would have taken to Honda knowing it would be expensive. I am a bit anal though. Not in a gay way. :)

Fair one. I didn't realize it was *that much* water lol! If it's that serious Following the self failed attempted to fix it I would have taken to Honda knowing it would be expensive. I am a bit anal though. Not in a gay way. :)

Honda wouldn't be able to do anything that I haven't done. In fact they would do less because they wouldn't use any silicone sealant on the car.

All they would do is say that it's the boot seal that's gone (which it isn't) and charge me for a new one, which is around £80. Then they would charge me 0.15 hrs to fix it and that would be another £20 for a job that takes in reality two minutes. Oh and don't forget the £35 diagnostic charge to attempt to find what the problem is and come up with nothing.

Don't always put you trust in Honda dealerships. If they don't know what the problem is, or in my case where it's coming from, they will guess at a solution, whilst bending you over and raping your wallet.

I reckon this forum and others like it have more of a chance of coming up with the solutions to everyday problems like this other than Honda garages.

The drainage holes are only about 5mm in diameter, so getting lots of spray into the boot from the road is not really going to happen to the extent that it will soak the carpet.

The boot is only leaking in the middle now as illustrated in my earlier pictorial thread. I can trace the water back to the top of the boot hinge, but it's sealed to fcuk around there, so it must be tracking from somewhere else. The problem is that their is multiple overlapping bits of metal work, so to find the leak I would need something like a flexible endoscope. Drilling holes is much easier :lol:.

Is that your Jesus phone doing this?

Anyhoo, sounds like a right PITA dude. If they all leak, as Harv said, has no-one ever uncovered the mystery? My old Fiesta leaked water into the boot through the rear bumper bolts, not anything through there is it?

You both have very good points. The knowledge on this forum still overwhelms me. I just though if you went to GHonda and explained you know what isn't wrong with your honda they may know what is. I can see why cost is an issue though. Just trying to think outside the Box :) simples.

You both have very good points. The knowledge on this forum still overwhelms me. I just though if you went to GHonda and explained you know what isn't wrong with your honda they may know what is. I can see why cost is an issue though. Just trying to think outside the Box :) simples.

Fair point and understood.

Its just sometimes with any dealers it will cost you £35 for them just to have a look, then they say, yeah its leaking, buy this........£££.

A little extra research and elbow grease (which cost nothing) is your best friend sometimes.

:)

Its just sometimes with any dealers it will cost you £35 for them just to have a look, then they say, yeah its leaking, buy this........£££.

A little extra research and elbow grease (which cost nothing) is your best friend sometimes.

That or set up a hotline to TGM. :lol:

Too true.. My local dealer Drake and Fletcher in Maidstone havenbeen over taken by invicta motors.. So they're even worse lol but before they were over taken they were really good!

Jermal seems to be determined to sort it and I'm learning as I go! :D

I once had a leaky boot on a Proton GTi. It was coming from the top of the lights, so i gaffer taped the top and the leak went away.

Get yourself some tape and tape everything!

Back