• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

J's Racing EP3 C Pillar Fitting Guide

Lottie

The Duchess
Tools required:
14mm Spanner
Adjustable Spanner
5.5mm Allen Key
14mm Socket
Flathead Screwdriver
Crosshead Screwdriver
Something like a penknife (thin blade)
J's Racing C Pillar Bar

Remove the parcel shelf.
Locate the two screws holding the plastic surround.
1.jpg

2.jpg

To get to this screw you need to use a thin blade to unclip the cover
3.jpg

Remove the scews.
The black plastic should now be easily removable by pulling gently.

The grey plastic also needs removing, use a flathead screwdriver underneath the boot seal to unclip from the car.
5.jpg

This will reveal the bolt which the C Pillar bar attaches to.
6.jpg

Remove the bolt with the 14mm socket.
7.jpg

Remove the gold end from the C Pillar bar and attach to the car using the OEM bolt.
8.jpg

Repeat the above steps on the other side.

Replace the bar onto the end mounts (make sure the nut is at the top othewise you will be unable to tighten sufficiently). Tighten using the 5.5mm Allen Key and 14mm Spanner both ends.
Once the bar is adjusted to the correct length, move the nut in the direction of the red arrow and tighten with the adjustable spanner both ends.
9.jpg

Job Done
10.jpg

The parcel shelf fits back in but does not fold up fully
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

NOTE: I have not replaced the grey trim as it would require cutting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these awaiting fitment, so thanks for the heads up, although I'm not sure how the car will look without the trim in place, so may have to source spares from a breakers yard and cut them so the bar pops through, if I do, I'll post a picture :)

I have one of these awaiting fitment, so thanks for the heads up, although I'm not sure how the car will look without the trim in place, so may have to source spares from a breakers yard and cut them so the bar pops through, if I do, I'll post a picture :)

I can see where you are coming from, like you said I would get some covers from the scrappy and have a go at modifiying them. The missing panels arnt really that noticable if you are in the front though as they are blocked out by the rear headrests.

I can see where you are coming from, like you said I would get some covers from the scrappy and have a go at modifiying them. The missing panels arnt really that noticable if you are in the front though as they are blocked out by the rear headrests.

That may be OK then, but I know that I can be quite anal about things so it may bug me, will have to see when I get around to fitting it lol

have you attempted it yet TarmacNymph?

Not yet, the weather has been complete horse manure down here so haven't had a chance yet sadly :( But bought some new interior panels so I can have a go at cutting holes into them, not too bad, £25.98 for the par from my local Honda :) expensive if I c*ck it up and need to buy another pair though haha

Nymph, if you are going to sell this let me know ;)

LOL.. If I ever sell my bits (not any time soon I'd expect), but if I do I'll let you know Dotty as I'm sure you'll have an EP3 or at least be in the process of buying another one by then haha

Hello mate, I didn't bother in the end as ended up stripping the whole interior out pretty much so sold on the extra C-pillar covers that I bought, sorry. :?

Back