• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K pro

CPL have been known to push the limits sometimes, perhaps in the search for big power, which sometimes sacrifices reliablity and life of the engine.

It's not happend to me personally, but I know people that have had work done there then changed it again due to certain things.

I do however know of cars that are running fine and doing well that have been tuned at CPL.

Me, personally, I would choose somewhere else.

Artech have tuned my old EP3 twice and both times the car was perfect and I was very happy, therefore I would choose Artech.

Just for the record, I wasn't recomending them, just putting across my findings of Google. TDI for me.

I don't think Artech exist anymore guys. Just Romain at Eurospec mapping. I think.

But CPL are fine to just buy parts off and having them do remedial stuff, let's say fitting a mani and decat for example?

But CPL are fine to just buy parts off and having them do remedial stuff, let's say fitting a mani and decat for example?

Another gripe I have heard about CPL is that they run a one out one in as quick as you can system, much like say Kwick Fit or anyother national garage firm.

So yeah, perhaps remedial stuff is ok, or perhaps its rushed to get the next EP3 and NOS fitting kit up on the ramps.

I will ad though, that this is not my personal experiance, I've nver been there. This is just what I have heard as word of mouth travels far and wide. I dont want to get into a fight with CPL or anything.

In like say Rodan and Parcel2Go :lol: .

Does Euro-spec fit k-pro or do they have to send the ecu somewhere else. Reason I ask, if I were ever to get it mapped, I just can't afford to drive to the UK and wait for a week for my ECU to return... I heard CPL can do it in one day...

Euro-Spec, would do it in one day also, no problem.

Just donet turn up, give them a call, Romain would be mapping your car I would have thought, he's a really good guy and mapped my EP3 twice.

i wouldn't touch artech/romain with a barge pole, heard alot of horror stories about them, plus seen a few of romains maps and they don't look anywhere near as good as the like's of cpl's and tdi's in the way of the power curves etc, if your not willing to travel to tdi north then give tdi south a call, there the sister company. also remember people guy does own the fastest fwd car in europe so think he knows his stuff and wouldn't be willing to risk his reputation with poor wokmanship, iv just heard he can be a bit arrogant towards people but just guess thats poor people skills.

also remember people guy does own the fastest fwd car in europe so think he knows his stuff and wouldn't be willing to risk his reputation with poor wokmanship, iv just heard he can be a bit arrogant towards people but just guess thats poor people skills.

Guy cost me about £5k in cash and one year off the road. This was 900 miles after i had just given him £7k. I would say that's more than poor people skills. He may be able to tune K20's but i wouldn't let him near my strimmer.

Back