• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

yerr was going to say i upgraded hoses and fluid which improved braking alot, jus waiting to get paid for a set of ds2500's aswell. with standard calipers i mean.

i just didnt know how much an actual improvement spoons were seen as they use oem sized disks etc. i thought main improvement was weight saving (usprung mass). deffo get my vote for looks :twisted:!

The SPOON calipers have 4 pistons where as OEMs have 1. Definitely more pistons anyway, hence better stopping power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally fitted the Spoon calipers, DS2500s and DoLuck stainless hoses. Haven't tested the brake's performance yet, didn't finish work until 1930 and then spent almost an hour bedding the pads as recommended, booting it to 60 then slowing down to a halt using 50% pressure, 30 times. Very hard to find a route for that on the roads!

I maybe wrong, but I always thought that your not supposed to come to a complete stop when you're bedding in brakes. Because thats when you can leave brake pad material on the disk, and that can also cause brake judder due to uneven disk.....???

Slowing down to a halt and then booting ito 60 again, what's the difference between than and say slowing to 10 mph and then accelerating again?

Anyway, the bedding in method seems to have worked, the brakes are not squealing :D

nice calipers mate. i had the spoon monoblock before i went to the brembo`s i have now.
the spoons were very good to be fair. just lacked that really bite for a track days.

Couple more pics while I was getting the rear DoLuck hoses fitted and replacing the 5mm spacers with 3mm jobbies.

16072009337.jpg

16072009335.jpg

16072009336.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So Nick excuse my ignorance but these are the same size as OEM just have 4 pistons??

Same size disc' etc.....

What did insurance say?

They do look awesome, understated but efficient.

They are a bit bigger than standard mate, with 4 pistons instead of 1 aye. There must be a pic on here somwhere of standard calipers fitted minus the wheel to compare.

Same size discs and pads so you have the same great choices you have with OEM brakes.

Insurance said Hi how can we help, back in March I think :-k

They give you much more confidence when you need to stop unexpectedly.

Cheers dude.

They are a bit bigger than standard mate, with 4 pistons instead of 1 aye. There must be a pic on here somwhere of standard calipers fitted minus the wheel to compare.

Same size discs and pads so you have the same great choices you have with OEM brakes.

Insurance said Hi how can we help, back in March I think :-k

They give you much more confidence when you need to stop unexpectedly.

Cheers dude.

how much did they set you back? i think they look pretty good and its quite sensible with the fact you can still fit OEM discs, surprised standard pads fit though, i thought they would be too small

600 pounds used. I think they are close to 1400 new so I got a good deal, only seen a couple of thousand miles.

I feel dirty just looking at it, I must wash my hands 12 times and say seven hail mary's immediately.

c'mon nickolarse, clean that sh1t up man. :)

Back