• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

love the car nick! but you had premier seats....then buckets....and now 30AE!!! what was wrong with the premiers??!! love all the mods very tastefull and the best colour type r!!

So I fitted the Gruppe today, you'll notice the heatshield isn't fitted as I lost a nut and then overtightened another nut and now it won't come off :lol:

I've definitely lost a little grunt low down but it's made up for in VTEC.

I read somewhere about certain pins you can plug into the clips that hold the scoop onto the scuttle panel? I don't have great confidence in those plastic clips Gruppe supply. And what's with the rubber screws? Waste of time.

16092009002.jpg

I like it this time for some reason, maybe it's because I have the Spoon catback aswell so the noise isn't overpowering, it blends in well. Addictive too, everyone must get out of my way :twisted:

Need to take the car to Honda on the same day I fit the K-Pro (hopefully next week) then arrange fitting of the Toda manifold, ES inserts and Fuji RM01A before the long drive south, Unit 8 will be tuning the engine on the 12th of October and fitting RBC aswell as doing a 48k service.

All my money is almost gone!!

That's going to be bare quick mate! Nice one!

However

2 months ago:-

Nick CTR said
Yeah I am gay, what did you say?

Joe said
WTF, what do you think of Spoon, and GM

NickCTR said
GM sounds crap, spoon looks crap.

etc

GM and Spoon both great for gains, which is what I'm aiming for with the K-Pro and Unit 8 trip, pointless spending all that money on less than the best performing kit. And when I had Gruppe originally, it was with OEM exhaust system, so the sound stuck out like a sore thumb.

Only selling the Spoon catback as it will be too loud with the Toda manifold.

Gays have rights too.

You will be making bare power with the TODA - GM - KPro - RBC - RM01A mate.

The RM01A should make more power than the Spoon, well thats the trend im seeing and getting from speaking to people who are at the same level of tunning I am. The Spoon gives good top end but it lacks low down pull, even more so on the headers.

RBC as well Nicholas, nice, just get a throttle body and you're doen then mate.

I think thats as far as I would go, next is cams and head work, but thats too far I think for the K20, serious money with little gain. Just get something with a bigger displacement.

250bhp is the ideal high tunned NA figure for these I reckon, and with what you've got I dont think you will be far off that :cool: .

Terry got 252.4 bhp with a full Spoon system, so naturally I am aiming for 252.5 bhp or over. Can't see it though, like you say, the Spoon is best for maximum power at the top end.

Not going to bother with a throttle body, mimimal gains.

I also have a Skunk2 fuel rail to fit, just for some bling, the standard one looks gash.

250 bhp will suit me, then it's onto the handling.

Might as well get a FRSU if you're there, it'll save time ;) haha
Although wuick question, does anyone have a rough idea of cost for a FRSU?

TDI north

£100 for the set up.
£65 ish to fit teh rear camber arms
£15 front bolts
Then you have to buy the camber arsm (between £70-200)

TDI north

£100 for the set up.
£65 ish to fit teh rear camber arms
£15 front bolts
Then you have to buy the camber arsm (between £70-200)

are they the D2 purple jobbies? can you actually see them when you are driving along (not you whilst driving...but other people lol)

You can get various camber arms, yes the D2 ones are the cheapest, hence the best in the world.

You can get a fast road set up from TDI with no adjusters for £80+VAT

It just means the camber wouldn't be adjusted.

Back