• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro/k100

LOL Ped ! Civ i wouldnt bother spending all that money on a kpro if you havent modified anything... youll see a hell of alot more gains if you do some modding, i know its all about the money with modding, but i cant see you getting much bhp torque etc etc from doing it to a standard one... or at least not enough to warrant spending over £800

True, think im just going to spend abit on cosmetics first maybe get my wheels done. Think im going to go with mett black. you sent me that sticker yet lol

yeh lol sent it ages ago mate... i have now realised though that i stuck 2nd class stamp on it... blame my mom !!!

no probs mate, been looking at that brens gallery on ctro, and he has a pic of mine, thought maybe he could do my mani cover in the same style, obviously not powder coat it though. the guys got skills

you will have to take your time mate with he mani cover and sticker... stanley knife for the win... nice and slow try and rush it and it will go wrong!

yeah i know, i will take my time with it mate, only got one sticker so cant afford to fook it up. Im about as mobile as stephen hawking at the moment mate so probobly best your mum put a 2nd class stamp on it cos im itchin to do somethin with my time, so bored!!

haha i managed to do it first time so shouldnt be a problem for ya, any problems youve got my number anyway

mate had a k100 on standard ep3, made a fair difference. Vtec engaged slightly lower and pulled to just under 9k rpm. Was quicker then mine, noticeably.

mate had a k100 on standard ep3, made a fair difference. Vtec engaged slightly lower and pulled to just under 9k rpm. Was quicker then mine, noticeably.
you would hope so though after blowing £700 on it. I think im going to stick with doing it up cosmetically at the moment, and then maybe a few engine mods later. To be fair a standard ctr is pretty quick anyway, i dont struggle to overtake people and it has enough power to keep me happy for now.

KPRO does pay for itself, when mapped properly better MPG is returned.

it would take a while to get your money back in petrol alone but i suppose there are other benefits. Roughly how much does the mpg improve by. i know this depends on the mapping, but give me a rough idea.

but would a kpro/k100 actually give me more bhp or just would it just squeeze the best performance out of what it has standard? how much more bhp is it likely to give me?

but would a kpro/k100 actually give me more bhp or just would it just squeeze the best performance out of what it has standard? how much more bhp is it likely to give me?

Yes it will give you more BHP. The standard fueling is very rich to be "safe" which means the car won't be running as well as it can be. Yes it runs OK, just not at it's optimum.

You will also notice massive gains in the mid range of the revs, it is not all about the top end figure, and where do you spend most of your time when driving about? I'd say between 2.5k and 6k. ;)

How much it will make? No-one knows until you stick it on a dyno. It might only make 5bhp top end, but the 25 or so bhp at around 4,500 you'll wonder how you ever lived without it.

from what i have read in this forum i would say that spending £800 on a K100 would give you far better gains than spending the same if not more on a Catback and CAI to a standard ctr. if the OP is happy with the noise levels of the exhaust and airbox then why not keep it standard and get the best out of the setup he has chosen with a K100.

i know this is quite a late post, but theres a chart off of the eurospec website where they compared a stock ep3 and stock ep3 with k100:
civic-remap2.gif

as everyones said, midrange difference is massive and well worth it

The jump in torque is amazing. Just look at the 'VTEC kick' stock it's actually a little dip in bhp then the jump. When mapped its a smoother transition.

Back