• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

The last couple of weekends have been a busy one for the car, only small jobs but ones that needed sorting.

Last weekend; Stu, Si and Myself spent the weekend at Marks for what is now known the "big clean" on Marks car, whilst there a few jobs were also carried out on mine.

Firstly since fitting my carbon bonnet I had left the washer jet hose dangling (as there are no predrilled holes for the plastic clips), Mark as ever had something which would sort this so the sticky/cable tie pads were fitted:

washerjettube1.jpg

washerjettube2.jpg

Stu had purchased some Jazz washer jets but decided he did not want to try and fit them to the DC2, so they were kindly donated to me and fitted by Mark:

jazzwasherjetclose.jpg

jazzwasherjetspray.jpg

I also had a strange noise coming from the offside wheel area, Mark took a look and after wobbling the wheel around thought it was the tie rod ends. More of this to come in the next post.

Last edited by a moderator:
So to this weekend.

New tie rod ends were purchased in the week and arrived to be fitted this weekend, thanks to Si this is now sorted. They were certainly worn!

tierodend1.jpg

tierodend2.jpg

tierodend3.jpg

No pics of this but my bonnet release was snapped at the plastic lever end a little while ago so Si also set about replacing this for me, not an easy job so I hear (the amount of swearing coming from him gave that away!) All sorted now thankfully as it was a bit tiresome having to use pliers to pop the bonnet.

As the front bumper was off to replace the bonnet cable I set about replacing the broken fog light which has been smashed for ages.

crackedfog.jpg

replacedfog.jpg

and finally the most annoying part, my Carbing Rear Lower Tie bar; it has been getting rustier and rustier over the last few months so today was the perfect opportunity to take it off and investigate. I was disgusted to see the state it was in once removed. I will certainly never buy Carbing items again and once I can afford a J's one this will be replaced but for the time being I set about repairing it the best I could.

Firstly what it actually looked like when first removed!
carbingbottomoldpaint.jpg

carbingtopoldpaint.jpg

carbingside1oldpaint.jpg

carbingside2oldpaint.jpg

After Nitromors, you can see the rust has penetrated right into the metal!
carbingbottomnitromors.jpg

carbingtopnitromors.jpg

carbingside1nitromors.jpg

carbingside2nitromors.jpg

And after a good going over with the Black and Decker Mouse with sandpaper.
carbingbottomsanded.jpg

carbingtopsanded.jpg

carbingside2sanded.jpg

carbingside1sanded.jpg

I am half way through repainting it in another colour which should hopefully be done tomorrow.

Good jobs Lottie, my fog is also in a similair state, how much to get a replacement?

Luckly it was one I had in the shed, the otherside had done the same thing about 1 year ago so I had purchased a set second hand, I think they were about £40 for the pair.

I need tie rod ends...how did you go about the tracking afterwards..? Did you fit them yourself and then drive to a garage for tracking after..?

I need tie rod ends...how did you go about the tracking afterwards..? Did you fit them yourself and then drive to a garage for tracking after..?

I will be taking it on Monday to get the tracking done, Si fitted them for me at my house. Its only about 5 miles to the tracking place so it shouldnt be a problem driving that short distance.

I had Jazz washer jets on my civic and went to Honda to buy some for the DC5. They said it would be £12 each! I was gobsmacked!
Luckily I know Leicester Honda Parts manager see if he wont rip me off.
What paint did you use on the tie bar?

Its going to TGM on the 5th to try and get my oil leak sorted, im so tempted to go for coilovers when im there but just know I shouldnt be spending when Im not going to have a job in a few months. Damn the temptations!

^^^^

Lol.

Going to TGM is a nightmare sometimes, I always end up using the excuse, 'oh well im here now and the car is on the ramp, I may as well get.....' :rolleyes::lol::lol:

You got a LSD yet Lottie?

Lovely work and nice pics!! :D What's so good about the Jazz jetts? Ae they a direct replacement?

I thought I could remeber it being mentioned somewhere.

CTR is turing into a right track weapon.

:)

Lovely work and nice pics!! :D What's so good about the Jazz jetts? Ae they a direct replacement?

Direct replacement, instead of getting 2 sprays of water you get a fan effect

Back