• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Boring update, thought it was about time the rear discs and pads were replaced. The discs were the originals so have covered just over 83k!

rearbrakes1.jpg

rearbrakes2.jpg

rearbrakes5.jpg

rearbrakes4.jpg

rearbrakes3.jpg

what kinda of disc's are they dudet? cause they look different to the OEM's you have taken off. and what pad option did you go for?

what kinda of disc's are they dudet? cause they look different to the OEM's you have taken off. and what pad option did you go for?

Good spot ;) I was going to go for some grooved Bremtechs but they were out of stock, so not wanting to pay Honda prices and needing them fitted before next weekend I went for some proper cheapys. If they are rubbish they will get binned but considering the rears do hardly anything I dont think they will. The pads again are whatever was on the site, I think they are mintex but will have a look later. This is where they came from http://www.brakesint.co.uk/

Nice to see you're not afraid of getting your hands dirty Lottie :p

And why would I get my hands dirty when I have my bitches to do it for me :p

Good spot ;) I was going to go for some grooved Bremtechs but they were out of stock, so not wanting to pay Honda prices and needing them fitted before next weekend I went for some proper cheapys. If they are rubbish they will get binned but considering the rears do hardly anything I dont think they will. The pads again are whatever was on the site, I think they are mintex but will have a look later. This is where they came from http://www.brakesint.co.uk/

And why would I get my hands dirty when I have my bitches to do it for me :p

Bitches.....what a way to speak about the male kind :)

Brakes International are very local to me good company!
Im getting mine done with some Powerlsots all round at end of the month! :p

Bitches.....what a way to speak about the male kind :)

Brakes International are very local to me good company!
Im getting mine done with some Powerlsots all round at end of the month! :p

;)

The cheapo rear discs and pads were fine at Snetters, so saved myself quite a bit of money there!

Hi Lottie, I checked that website and it was saying something about delivering to local garages, do they deliver to private as they are a bit far for me to just stop by

Hi Lottie, I checked that website and it was saying something about delivering to local garages, do they deliver to private as they are a bit far for me to just stop by

Should do, they delivered to my work address.

I wonder how many times I have read this thread now :D

Re: Rear brakes, has it made any difference at all having them replaced?

New update after quite a long time since the last.

Ive had an ongoing oil leak problem for about 40k miles, I finally lost the plot with it a few weeks ago and Simon kindly phoned Performance Autoworks for me and got it booked in for them to work their magic. He also ran it up there and collected it for me as being in a new job I cant really take time off yet. So a huge thanks to him as not only did he do that he lent me his car for the duration and he drove the PA loan car.

The outcome from the investigations were oil coming from the diff seal, rear main oil seal and block galley plug.

Due to the contamination on the clutch this also needed to be replaced, rather than go for another Honda clutch I decided to upgrade and with the recommendation from PA an ACT clutch was added to the new parts being fitted.

New clutch fitted:
ACTClutch.jpg

I cant recommend Richy enough, we were sent emails everyday with pictures of what had been found and a detailed description of the work being carried out. 10/10.

I hear nothing but good things about the guys at PA, glad they got it all sorted for you Lottie :D

Wow. Just read your first post. A loooooooooooooooongggggg list of mouth watering mods. :lol:

Glad you got the oil leak problem found and fixed. :)

Back