• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

£350 a month is pretty good all things considered. Although as you will probably not do the 50k+ by the time it's up would it still be £13k or will they whack it up because you haven't done the miles so essentially the car is worth more?

Also how did you get a discount too, did you actually ask for it or did they just say "Here, have some money off and a second set of wheels" lol

+1 would like to know how that negotiation played out.

Not sure I'd have gone with that sort of lease deal personally. I don't even like having secured loans, it just doesn't sit right with me.

My local dealer has given me a similar discount. Really wasn't hard to get, just keep pressing them on what they can do. Eventually the salesman will run out of options and involve a manager of some form. I've managed to get nearly £8k off the list price of what I'm looking at.

£350 a month is pretty good all things considered. Although as you will probably not do the 50k+ by the time it's up would it still be £13k or will they whack it up because you haven't done the miles so essentially the car is worth more?

The PCP deal is set. The only way the amount you pay changes is if you choose to hand the car back and you've breached conditions (i.e. over mileage or condition not acceptable) at which point there will be penalty charges on top.

The PCP deal is set. The only way the amount you pay changes is if you choose to hand the car back and you've breached conditions (i.e. over mileage or condition not acceptable) at which point there will be penalty charges on top.

Interesting, cheers.

As per Drew, the final payment will always be the same unless I'm trading it in or handing it back and I've damaged the car or gone over mileage (it is 8.93p a mile surcharge).

If I had gone with the minimum mileage of 8,000 p.a. which is more likely, then the GFV would have been closer to £16k but the monthlies would have been less. I would have had to pay £16k to keep the car at the end though, hence us fudging the figures to keep the monthlies up and the final payment down.

cheers Loxy, good to know.

as before id look at 10k down + 25k loan @2.6% gives 28k paid back over 5 years but be all mine.

cheers Loxy, good to know.

as before id look at 10k down + 25k loan @2.6% gives 28k paid back over 5 years but be all mine.

What you're missing Chris, is that you have to have an exemplary credit rating to get that APR on an unsecured loan. I recently looked, and probably due to being self employed the rate worked out at 19.9% APR. :lol: My credit rating is above average, 4/5 on Noddle IIRC.

Finance through a dealer often has a much higher acceptance rate, plus, you get dealer contributions as well which balance things out.

If I'm not mistaken, there is nothing stopping you phoning up the finance company and saying you want to settle the PCP outright a few months in.

Yes you can with BMW finance, I did this on the 1 series I had before I sold it.

Didn't put much deposit down but after 18 months I still had equity in the car.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

If I'm not mistaken, there is nothing stopping you phoning up the finance company and saying you want to settle the PCP outright a few months in.

We have done it a few times with our work vans, usually get a settlement figure along with an early settlement fee which would be in your small print on signing the lease forms. Sometimes they whack a months worth of interest into the final payment too.

What you're missing Chris, is that you have to have an exemplary credit rating to get that APR on an unsecured loan. I recently looked, and probably due to being self employed the rate worked out at 19.9% APR. :lol: My credit rating is above average, 4/5 on Noddle IIRC.

Finance through a dealer often has a much higher acceptance rate, plus, you get dealer contributions as well which balance things out.

it was a quick one through Nationwide. As i bank with them & have the mortgage it seems possible. even mentioned that it was for a car rather than take a car loan.

Will see when i come to actually do it.

My local dealer has given me a similar discount. Really wasn't hard to get, just keep pressing them on what they can do. Eventually the salesman will run out of options and involve a manager of some form. I've managed to get nearly £8k off the list price of what I'm looking at.

What are you looking at ?

Must admit BMW are very good , I enquired about an m4 and they had a brochure in the post and a phone call inviting me down for a test drive.

I was merely enquiring

What are you looking at ?

Must admit BMW are very good , I enquired about an m4 and they had a brochure in the post and a phone call inviting me down for a test drive.

I was merely enquiring

M135i. Pretty much the same spec as Loxy's. Today's track day should make my mind up I think.

Email from the dealer today.

Your new car is at status 1200 Red and locked down so will go into production this week.

excited-baby.gif

I have been giving him a hard time to be honest. He will be glad when it is delivered, but aye, a breath of fresh air compared to the other experience recently. :lol:

Bet your glad you decided to make the switch John, things over at Honda still don't seem to be going to plan :(

Yeah, still seems like a lottery as to who is getting their cars to be honest.

Read about giving the BMW Genius your order number on the Live Chat, from another forum yesterday, and got an update on my order without having to bother the dealer.

It's now expected the week of 1st January 2016, still at status 1200 "Scheduled for production," but not started production yet.

I guess that means week 53, so it's gone back two weeks.

The dealer has kept quiet about this, but to be honest I bet we are both hoping it comes forward again. :lol:

If it gets to mid to late Jan I may just ask to wait a few weeks and get it registered from 1st March so it is on a 16 plate.

The long wait continues! 91 days since I sold my last car. :roll:

Back