• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Nice John :) .

Think about getting a race header though before you get the RRC and the cams.

The freer flowing exhaust gases will allow the cams and RRC to work to their best abilities.

The header will also be the key to unlocking the sort after torque that these engines crave.

Maths FTW. Convincing the missus that it is a cost saving plan FTW. K100 on order now. :lol:

Nice figures, and sounds like it's going to get better!! :)

Nice John :) .

Think about getting a race header though before you get the RRC and the cams.

The freer flowing exhaust gases will allow the cams and RRC to work to their best abilities.

The header will also be the key to unlocking the sort after torque that these engines crave.

I might have to ring a few garages to see if they are MOT friendly before I go for headers. The idea of spending 4 hours labour every 12 months for the MOT is not appealing. :eek:

However header and remap would be cheaper than RRC, throttle body and JDM cams plus remap...

Maths FTW. Convincing the missus that it is a cost saving plan FTW. K100 on order now. :lol:

Nice figures, and sounds like it's going to get better!! :)

I haven't mentioned this to the wife yet but I might.

I'm still on the same tank that the remap was done on, I've had a fair bit of Vtec grin moments too. I've done 230 something miles, the guage is on about a third and the computer is saying I've got 130 miles left. It is quite often fairly accurate.

I struggled to get 280 per tank on the Group N map! :lol:

Well went on the Dyno Day at TDi-North yesterday and it had gone from 220.2bhp on the 15th October to 213.7bhp on the 30th...

6.5 bhp down in two weeks. Same rollers and the weather was pretty similar too. It was a bit gutting to be honest after spending over a grand in the last month on power mods and stock EP3s were making more power. :rolleyes:

That being said a stock FN2 made 209bhp yesterday, but still.

Paul even put my car back on the rollers, to his credit, as he thought it was odd but it did virtually the same figures as a few hours earlier.

I'm going to book it in for a service over the next few weeks. It is only due in Jan being 12 months and I've done 9k since the last service, but it is due the tappet adjustments as it's just done 25k.

I'll ask Paul if they can check the cam chain hasn't stretched or jumped some teeth or something crazy while the cam cover is off. I've not over-revved it but you never know.

Lesson here is

EP3>FN2 ;)

Just kidding, seems bizarre though..

Dyno lottery IMO.

It crossed my mind yesterday. Flog the FN2, buy an EP3 and mod it to the hilt. Then I realised that FN2s have dropped that much recently I wouldn't actually have much cash to play with! :eek:

Nope, FN2 is staying.

Wow didn't realise this made less than mine. It sounded pretty good on those rollers. :)

Yep, every EP3 and FN2 bar one that went on made more than mine! :lol:

never know mate new set of plugs work wonders.

I'll saving on the air filter and and brake fluid as they have been done in the last 6 months so I may as well add plugs to the list!

:lol:

Are you running on different fuel since the last power run?

No. I've only filled up once since the remap and it's the garage I always go to. Unless they FUBAR and put the wrong fuel in the tank for V-power. You never know.

I'll get TDi to check the chain isn't stretched or jumped some teeth while the cam cover is off. I've also asked for a generic, "Can you check for anything else that might have caused a sudden power loss", inspection while it is in.

I can't say I've noticed any power drop on the road, but I didn't notice any power difference from the Group N map to the TDi map, just how the power was delivered.

It's not like I've lost 20bhp, but it is just a bit annoying. Especially when I saw standard/unmapped EP3s pulling more than mine, and Omi's standard FN2 doing 214bhp, although AlGreene's FN2 did do 209bhp.

If I had just had it remapped and it came out at 213.7bhp I'd probably be happy, but when it did 220.2bhp two weeks ago on the same rollers. :confused:

Glad I did the rolling road in a way, because if I've caught an issue early, hopefully it won't be as painful to sort!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust any dyno as far as I could throw it.

Which isn't very far at all, I bet they weigh a tonne! :lol:

Anyhow, booked in for the 1st Dec for service, tappets, springs. If anyone want to nip down to say hi, by all means. I'll be there for a bit! :p

Back