• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

I've not posted this up on here before as it's not really come up, but I did some intake temp testing with my set-up in July to post up on another forum:

Loxy said:
I couldn't get any closer temps from the Met Office website, but I was around Preston and the car was reading 19C.

ambient.jpg

I had been parked in the lay-by for about 3 minutes, getting the Flashpro out of the glove box, out of the box, plugging it in, routing the cable between my seat and the centre console and resting the Flashpro in the sliding cup holder tray. I hit datalog and waited for a gap in traffic to pull out.

temp1.jpg

IAT reads at 104F just before I set off, which is 40C.

I then accelerate to keep up with traffic, but the lights 400 yards in front change so I ease back down and start pootling up to the rest of the traffic.

temp2.jpg

So 12 seconds later the IAT is 87.8F, which is 31C.

Later on I get onto a 50 zone country lane but I'm stuck behind a bus.

temp3.jpg

Anyhow, less of that, I'm doing a constant 40ish mph and the IAT is at 80.6, which is 27C. So again I've hit my 8C above ambient that I speak of.

Yes IAT does creep up when stationary, but I bet so would any other intake that sits next to the radiator or any closed box that sits in the bay, granted maybe not 21C above ambient, but it will still climb.

My point is the HKS isn't sucking in hot air when on the move, not as much as people think anyway. ;)

For those that are interested, this is the same datalog with the 0-60 time I did (in a NSL of course, next set of lights after the ones above), this time with IAT.

0-601.jpg

0-602.jpg

0-603.jpg

I still managed about 5.7 seconds with a max IAT just after setting off of 39C. :lol:

I guess with a CAI it might be 5.6, but then again I could have just done a better launch or better gear changes for the same result. :p

Cheers I think.

Pinch some of the ideas, not the actual mods off my car? ;)

What are you planning?

Have to say the FN2's are really growing on me, especially in the silver. Same colour as my EP3. These seem to be looking better each day, as opposed to the EP3 which is appearing older, which it is. The price of the FN2's is also very interesting now, although not for you I suspect!

Exactly. I'd be lucky to get £7k for mine standard these days.

It's a very decent car for the money when you think of it like that.

Just had to get on my PC to check the email.

The email address I was told to use was [email protected]

That was only 12 months ago and I got a response, I do hope they haven't gone out of business!

cheers Loxy, i found thread on civinfo which had that email address on, i got an email from him this morning and will be purchasing in december :lol:

Loxy, quick question if you dont mind?

i just snagged a bargain used RSK on ebay, when you fit how many hoses do you replace? is it 2 or 3? the two hoses attached to the induction pipe, but do you also replace the coolant hose that attaches to the throttle body? or does the original remain in place?

Hi bud,

I did a how to in the How-To section for it. It includes scans of the instructions.

I've got really poor signal where I am but if you search in that section for threads started by me you'll find it.

loving the eibach spacers... just what i wanted to see how they look on the car. *thumbs up

Cheers! Found some better pics I did a 12 months ago to the day. :lol:

(Click to enlarge, they are silly high res)

Back