• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Including OEM, this Exedy is the 5th.

OEM was taken out on around 34k. Still loads of life in it, sat in my loft with the OEM flywheel.

Then F1 Racing Stage 3, 4 paddle jobby. Lasted 3k until the pressure plate failed and bent. This was fitted for the charger but failed after the charger was removed.

Then Competition Clutches Stage 4, again 4 paddle. Horrible clutch for a road car, had it taken out after 1k. Virtually no wear on removal, so tough as old boots, just very much overkill.

ACT Stage 1 just removed. Lasted 14k as detailed in the last couple of pages. Was a pretty good clutch save the failure, but I don't think it was the clutch's fault.

Now on the Exedy Stage 1.

I hope it ****ing lasts 100k to be honest and the rest of the car falls to bits before it does. :lol:

Christ mate, that's a lot of labour and parts charges! Why don't you stick with OEM? I'm pretty sure TGM run OEM in their 250bhp race cars.

They might do, but they'll change them every year after only a few thousand miles.

OEM is rated to 170ftlb, I'm running 180 and I want it to last a few years.

The ACT had hardly worn, it still had the cross-scoring on the friction disk. I had no idea what had actually gone wrong with it before it was taken off so went for the Exedy thinking ACT were at fault.

The thinking was that Exedy make the OEM clutch, this is just a beefier version, so should last following this logic. :p

Exedy Stage 1 is what I'm running and I'm still happy with it after 20 or so K's worth of driving. :) Lightened flywheel looks sexual. :p

Are there any videos mixed in within this thread anywhere Loxy?]

edit: Just stumbled on to one page 81. Sounded brilliant then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye they'll be buried.

Click 'search thread' at the top, then 'advanced', then type username "Loxy" in 'find latest posts by user', keyword "YouTube" in 'search entire posts' and make sure 'show results as posts' at the bottom is selected. That should show all of the YouTube vids I've posted in this thread. Some will be randoms.

Or have a look through my YouTube channel and pick them out of there: http://www.youtube.com/user/djloxo

For those who haven't seen the car is now up for sale. Advertised on here and on Pistonheads. For the moment complete as is, unless it doesn't sell and then I'll strip it and sell the bits.

I've got a hankering for a bit of boost, so the Civic is going to have to go to a new home. :(

The 'normal' STi in the hatch is is 295 bhp out of the box.

The 330S is the equivalent of the PPP, just that Prodrive dropped their association with Subaru around the time the hatches came out, so it's not called the PPP officially but that's basically what it is.

I know where you are coming from though D., the WRX cars are only 226 bhp and do the sprint in just over 6 seconds. There is the WRX S which is around 250 bhp and do it in the same as mine at around 5.5.

STi all the way though.

See, I wasn't lying :lol:

So does this PPP/non PPP one look much different to a normal STi?

Chrome tail pipes as the exhaust is different and they did tend to be specified with Recaros and front fogs, although not all did.

If I can get a standard car with the factory Nav option I might go for that though as it's around £1k to get it up to 330 bhp, although 300 would be enough I think. 330Ss come with the Nav as standard too and it's a funky bit of kit.

Edit:
Properly spec'd 330S

One without fogs, but with optional BBS alloys

If I sold the Civic tomorrow, I'd be after the second one only it's in black and it's not badged as a 330S, so has probably just had the kit fitted after purchase. Plus it's got a tow bar on it... =;

I've also had my eye on this one, only it's been lowered. :picardfp:

GLWTS John, will you be sad to see it going considering the journey you've been on together?

Cheers.

Yes I will be. If I could garage it and buy the STi as my daily I would, but that's not going to happen in reality and I'd be being a bit selfish if I did.

Lovely bits of kit, but the boot space on them is absolutely comical.

It'll be big enough. As long as it'll fit the tent in for JAE, I'll be OK. :lol:

Back