• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Hadn't updated but I've bought the Clockwise Motion baffles. They should be at TDi-North now ready for fitting on the 3rd March. :)

Also bought these on Ebay for the grand sum of £8.

IMAG0142.jpg

I'm waiting for some blue caps for the number plate screws to arrive and the weather to warm up a bit and I'll put them on. I've always preferred the plates with the GB on them, had them on my EP3, I've just not got round to getting them for the FN2 until now. The road trip to Germany has spurred me on to get them.

The replacement battery has done the job as well. No strained starts, slow windows or folding mirrors for me now! :lol:

I had been umm'ing and ahh'ing about changing the rear tyres but I've made my mind up this morning. I've got 2k miles old Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s on the front and the old Falken FK452s on the back with 4mm on them.

Fair enough this morning it was -2C, but I had a beautiful yet also slightly worrying sideways moment this morning at around 50 on the way to work. Front gripped fine, infact it was that fact, the diff and to be honest what were automatic reactions from me (I certainly didn't plan it or think about what I was doing) that saved the situation. Not quite looking out of the passenger window but not far off, certainly woke me up.

Round this bend:

Image1-56.jpg

I had thought the Falkens were OK until I put the Goodyears on a few weeks ago. Definitely getting the Falkens replaced before Germany.

Swindon Drift y0!1

I've replaced Falken 452's with Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetric on my last car (MR2). Difference was quite noticeable, from getting sideways very easily on throttle on Falkens to "have to try quite hard" sideways on F1's. almost 2x the price though...

My gf didn't believe me about lift off oversteer, well I said that you have to plough it otherwise you go sideways :lol: I have Falkens all round and i can confirm that when damp you do indeed spin with ease.

I had been umm'ing and ahh'ing about changing the rear tyres but I've made my mind up this morning. I've got 2k miles old Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s on the front and the old Falken FK452s on the back with 4mm on them.

Fair enough this morning it was -2C, but I had a beautiful yet also slightly worrying sideways moment this morning at around 50 on the way to work. Front gripped fine, infact it was that fact, the diff and to be honest what were automatic reactions from me (I certainly didn't plan it or think about what I was doing) that saved the situation. Not quite looking out of the passenger window but not far off, certainly woke me up.

Round this bend:

Image1-56.jpg

I had thought the Falkens were OK until I put the Goodyears on a few weeks ago. Definitely getting the Falkens replaced before Germany.

Swindon Drift y0!1

Preston on the way to the docks? I drive this every friday on the way back from Samlesbury lol :lol:

I know its ff topic but... Anyone know what the wheels are on the black FN2 with the GP splitter?

Little update. After saying I wouldn't/couldn't spend any more on the car apart from what I've booked in at TDi-North for at the beginning of March, I've ended up spending on some proper JDM courtesy of Ed since he's stripping his car. :smt023

facepalm.gif

I've not got them yet, but this is what they look like for those who haven't seen them before.

Js Racing Front Upper Strut Brace:
FN2upperfrontstrutcropped.jpg

Js Racing Upper C-Pillar Strut:
FN2C-Pillarstrut2cropped.jpg

Js Floor Bar Strut Brace:
FN2floorbarstrutbracecropped.jpg

Ah so you did buy them then :lol:

I went on his thread last night as I was quite tempted with the floor bar and saw your thanks when he changed it to Sold :lol:

Must stick to the FRSU first then this stuff can be added later though

Back