• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Two new TD Pro Race 1.2s, in the correct +45 offset to match the rears, were ordered on Monday along with two AD08Rs for them. There is a 7 week lead time on those size alloys in the Anthracite Gloss at the minute, but pics will be put up when they arrive!

Finally got the correct size plates through today. Put them straight on the car. :lol:

IMAG2294_1.jpg

Just got to sort out the stuff I wasn't expecting and get it mapped, then I should start to enjoy it a bit more with any luck!

I didn't realise you were buying Karl's old plate, looks proper spot on mate :)

Just seems like there are all little niggles that need ironing out

Ah so it was you that got the plate then

Its not till you start digging you unearth things like this.

Had my bumper off tonight and things never go smoothly, bolt that holds the splitter is stuck on, the grill has been taken off before, badly and all the brackets are broke, same with the slats underneath the no. plate.

Tempted just to get a new bumper, not as cheap as they were though, £229 but they come painted I guess

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Cheers. Really pleased with the plate!

Not looking forward to next Wednesday. It has changed from a day of being excited to get some mods on the car, to one of fault finding... :?

Had my bumper off tonight and things never go smoothly, bolt that holds the splitter is stuck on, the grill has been taken off before, badly and all the brackets are broke, same with the slats underneath the no. plate.

Tempted just to get a new bumper, not as cheap as they were though, £229 but they come painted I guess

I've found that bumpers normally hide a world of pain! The rear of my old FN2 wasn't exactly 100% straight. Only the fixing holes for the bumper on the rear quarter but it was obvious it had had a tap at some point. :roll:

Hope you get it sorted, no decent ones on fleabay?

The good news saga continued today. :roll:

The SPC rear camber arms I ordered from Amazon.com yesterday lunch suddenly went to, "Delivery expected 08 August - 08 October". WTF?! :lol:

Amazon.com did have two in stock, fulfilled by Amazon.com, and I had paid £62 for Amazon Global Priority shipping so expected delivery was Monday originally. UK suppliers had specified a 6-8 week lead time on them hence me looking to the US, besides the price difference.

On quizzing Amazon about it, it turns out that they had several orders on them yesterday, but since they only have two in stock they put all of the orders on hold (?!) until they get more stock in to fulfill all of the orders. The fact that I'd paid pretty much $100 for express shipping and handling meant nothing. New stock was expected in 4 days, which was still quick compared to UK supplier standards, but would still arrive after Wednesday when I'm in at Grinspeed.

Order cancelled and a new order for some Skunk2 rear camber arms placed, allegedly in stock and should be here in 1-2 days. Tegiwa better not let me down! :|

No, not walked under any ladders or killed any black cats either.

I'm putting a ticket on for Friday, something has got to go right!

I'm booked at Stevie's place on the 30th if you're about buddy? - looking forward to seeing it in the flesh!

Checked Amazon.com again for the SPCs. Miraculously there are now 18 in stock. :picardfp:

Image1-76.jpg

Getting old this now...

Preapring.jpg

Hell yeah, being picked already. That's how it should work!

On the 4th of July too. :lol:

uqu4ehy6.jpg

That's one less thing to worry about.

Back