• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Vivid Blue Pearl FD2 Civic Type R

Looks like getting some HEL lines then if that's the service then :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nice numbers. What's with the slight torque dip?

OEM 4-2-1 manifold with a decat pipe. It would be more obvious with the cat on, less obvious will a full header.

For a 3-4 ftlb dip it's not worth a grand for a header, plus it won't make anymore top end without head work and cams.

Small update on the suspension side of things.

I got pointed to a set of Racing Logic coilovers another FD2 chap had been thinking of selling.

He had bought them, put them on the car but the rear didn't feel right to him so he bought some Ohlins thinking it was the Racing Logics and had planned to return them as faulty. The Ohlins felt the same and it turned out to be a knackered £13 bush that was independent of the rear shocks.

Understandably he stuck with the Ohlins.

Bargain price that I couldn't refuse really on a set of 1,000 mile old like new coilovers, so I should be getting them next week and I'm booked into Grinspeed on the 29th. :)

I've heard good things about the Racing Logics. There's a few drifters I know running them on S Chassis cars and they rate them highly.

Small update on the suspension side of things.

I got pointed to a set of Racing Logic coilovers another FD2 chap had been thinking of selling.

He had bought them, put them on the car but the rear didn't feel right to him so he bought some Ohlins thinking it was the Racing Logics and had planned to return them as faulty. The Ohlins felt the same and it turned out to be a knackered £13 bush that was independent of the rear shocks.

Understandably he stuck with the Ohlins.

Bargain price that I couldn't refuse really on a set of 1,000 mile old like new coilovers, so I should be getting them next week and I'm booked into Grinspeed on the 29th. :)

Nice one. Glad I could help ;)

Indeed Dotty! :smt023

These arrived today, seriously impressed with Hel!

aje4edym.jpg

How long were the lines on before they started to perish mate? - Stevie's fitting some for me at the end of the month!

These are a different design to the ones that were fitted so it looks like they've revised the FD2 ones. These look much more substantial

I'll have to dig the receipt out to be exact but IIRC it was 18 months and 6,000 miles.

Managed to get these on about an hour before the rain came tonight.

Poor initial picture with the sun shining down :lol:

ama8ypah.jpg

Better one from indoors after it started

y3u5a4a7.jpg

Fairly impressed with them. Ebay specials from the US of A, arrived midweek but hadn't had the time or a nice evening to put them on. Designed for the FA2 Si Sedan but it's pretty much the same shell so I thought they would fit. 3M adhesive tape and clips, seem solid enough. Similar ones on my Scooby stayed on at all sorts of speeds.

I couldn't possibly comment on how this logo got moulded in there. :confused:

je4ave4a.jpg

They'll do the job.

Found something else this evening. A/C isn't working, and knowing how things have gone recently it won't be just a re-gas. :lol:

Did you run over a whole litter of black cats underneath a ladder on your way home from buying this car?

It seems so.

For a not quite 6 year old car with 35k on the clock, all of which was in the UK, it's cost me a fair bit so far...

Check the fins on the condenser, if they look alright then just go for a regas and ask them to check for leaks. If it's fúcked, it's only like a £100-£150 part.

It's booked in on Saturday for a diagnosis. I think it being stood over winter before I bought it and then for another three months just hasn't done it any good.

Back