• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mfnick's Blobeye Impreza STi

Good choice, will look spot on those Nick! :smt023

My new Rota GRA's are on :). Very happy with them.

Big arch gap because it's still raised slightly on this pic.
23k27vt.jpg

fdekrb.jpg

284ej5.jpg

Wafer thin space between them and callipers!

jt5noh.jpg

Been a while since my last update, not done much just been enjoying driving it :D Something I don't usually do enough of with my cars as I'm too busy messing with the bloody things!
Anyway only done a couple of things. Got myself some gauges (boost, oil temp and pressure) and some de-tangoed and black headlights. As the guys who went to JAE know I have bad luck they didn't go 100% as planned. The gauges were supposed to light up white in day and switch to amber when you turn your lights on, a full day of messing and my mechanic and I (a qualified spark) couldn't not get them to work like that no matter what we did. We could get them amber in day and white at night or white, white or amber, amber. Just not that way I wanted. Amber is too dark to seen daylight and white is too bright at night so they were useless.
Anyway, another morning spent on my own trying to diagnose the problem found the answer! I had the supply going into the Oil Temp gauge and daisy chained from that to the rest. I tried in each gauge individually and the other 2 worked alone, at that point I'm thinking the oil temp gauge must be faulty. Thought I'd make sure and try it anyway by putting the supply in the boost one and daisy chaining from that. Eureka! For some reason they work exactly as I want when this way. :)

As for the headlights. This happened.

24qqwbd.jpg

Condensation all on the inside of the lense. Got in a massive argument with the chap who sold them to me but eventually decided on sending them back and he would re-seal them. Just waiting for them to be done now and got my originals back on for now.

In better news I've been to Santa Pod for Japshow Finale and managed to get a decent 13.3 second 103mph run on the strip. :)

sutt1w.jpg

124yr15.jpg

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=Awp7noKS2JE[/video]

Yes, I did beat that green thing ;) only got one run though, was way too busy and wasn't willing to queue up again. Reckon I could get 13 seconds dead or just under with a couple more goes though.

Another small change I've made is to my grill too. I've had the Central emblem removed - not as easy as it sounds. Requires plastic cutting out then the holes filling and painting at the top and bottom. And fitted a brand new genuine STi badge as my old one was worse for wear and had the pink surround peeling off.

Before

dxn34.jpg

After

2ecpyqb.jpg

Subtle difference but I really like it.

Cheers guys.
No pics of the gauges yet, only realised when posting that up. Will take some on Saturday when I take it for its service - & a cheeky drive afterwards ;)

Pics of the gauges.

Day (lights off)

3539nyv.jpg

Night (lights on)

2vux5r9.jpg

Also bought this.

w1w6q.jpg

It's a brake stopper. The master cylinder flexes a bit when braking hard making them feel a bit spongy, obviously doesn't inspire confidence and this is meant to sort that problem. But since nothing is simple with me it comes with no instructions and I've no idea how it's meant to fit where it's meant to. Seems too big! Plus my gauge driver may be in the way as I've got that onthe strut in a similar position to where this goes... Suppose I'll have to get my friendly mechanic to have a look for me :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you got those gauges sorted, that was a b*stard of a problem to diagnose. I'll be coming to you for electrical advice from now on!

That brake stopper is indeed massive! They're great things though, simple but effective.

Mean looking scooby dude, those gauges look awesome too!
One day i'll have a car with FI and a nice set of gauges on the dash :)

Cheers mate!

Time for a bit more of a update.

Monday got all my new Whiteline goodies fitted.

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

Straight away this made a big difference to the feel and turn in. But the best was to come. On Friday I went to Carnetix in Melton Mowbray and had it setup, and made a new friend.

New friend:

IMG_1316.JPG

Setup:

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

Good God! What a difference all this has made. When I had the CTR setup that made a huge difference but this is in another world. It was well set up to start with but now its unreal. Due to to me getting quite a extreme fast road setup with it being a weekend fun car 90% of the time, the slow speed steering and feel is a bit weird with me almost going a bit wide sometimes since im not putting enough turn on compared to what it required before. Which is taking some getting used to. But, when at speed it just drags you round corners in a way ive never felt before! Its hard to describe, just spooky how it sticks itself in and around corners now. Like i say, it is like being dragged around them. I never had a LSD fitted to the Civic but im assuming its a similar feel to that from what ive read. Its ace!
Also due to my new droplinks and ARB ive got a lot more mid corner adjust-ability. Now a lot easier to make the rear move about a bit which kills any and all understeer. Feels awesome too.

Also had this interesting little number parked outside

IMG_1317.JPG

Apart from that ive just been enjoying it recently. Been to a few meets around Wales and Buttertubs plus recently went to Japshow too. Few pics from those.

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

10998361_1034872723224015_5056382128499746214_n%2B%25281%2529.jpg

IMG_20150426_140534.jpg

DSC_6589.jpg

Need to finally look at getting some track days booked now. :)

Motorcycle front plate with Zunsport grills and **** the 5-0.

I took a JDM Blob for a test drive before I bought my classic and I loved it. The DCCD is brilliant! Biggest kick in the teeth was the owner knew it was out of my budget but told me to come have a spin anyway. 2 weeks after I bought the classic he called me and said I could have it for what was the top end of my budget at the time. Devastated wasn't the word. Little minter with only 60,000 km on it!

Back