• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mitts

I find the lambswool mitts trap dirt easier and are much harder to clean, don't have any problems with the Megs microfibre one.

Lambswool for bodywork, microfibre for wheels.

Technique is a more important factor though.

I always use lamswool for the bodywork, remember to rinse them out when finished though and let them dry naturally.

I keep a stock of my own here which I sell for £8.95 each inclusive of delivery;

3483196295_3cc446af64.jpg

Lambswool, I've Tried various types, and various MF types.

The best I've found is from seriousperformance, they've lasted forever, wash well, and never go hard.

The material that the lambswool attaches too can go hard sometimes, only on the cheaper ones though, so do not buy cheap.

i thought you had to leave them to dry? i assume a good rinse will allways help.

jermal, you had any probs with the megs mitt yet?

No problems yet. Why don't you splash out £15 and get one. Live life on the edge. :eek:

do you know what...i may just do that :cool:
to compliment the mitt im going to buy some new suds to go with it :eek: stuck between snow foam and megs hyper wash though:confused:

I've tried the Serious Performance ones like ^Joe but found mine to completely the opposite.

It fell to bits after about 4 months. :(

Replaced with the very similar looking but altogether different quality Halfords ones.

They last me a good year and then I substitute them for doing the wheels. I have the CTR, the mrs's car, a works van to clean and then a few 'customer cars' in between.

Not bad for £7.99 :)

I've tried the Serious Performance ones like ^Joe but found mine to completely the opposite.

It fell to bits after about 4 months. :(

Replaced with the very similar looking but altogether different quality Halfords ones.

They last me a good year and then I substitute them for doing the wheels. I have the CTR, the mrs's car, a works van to clean and then a few 'customer cars' in between.

Not bad for £7.99 :)

Those halfords lambswool wash mitts are almost identical to my SONUS branded one, even the tags on the inside are the same. Only difference is the colour, the Sonus is yellow-ish, halfords is grey.

do you know what...i may just do that :cool:
to compliment the mitt im going to buy some new suds to go with it :eek: stuck between snow foam and megs hyper wash though:confused:

I use the Megs and I would highly recomend it.

I was under the impression that snow foam is exactly that, a rich foam to lift contaminents away from the paint work, rather than a cleaning detergent.

Back