• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mtf-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GarethM

I am choosing not to run my ep3 on mtf-3. Instead I am choosing to go with Titan XTR 10w-40. The reason for this as a local hero to the modified car scenes and mechanic has 7 gearboxes scraped due to mtf-3. All be it he was using it in his race car but it shows that mtf-3 might not be able to cope through hard thrashing. This guy has worked on every Honda out there and you just know by the amount of type r Hondas out the front of his shop/garage from 1990 til now. Anyway picked up the oil for a few quid cheaper than the mtf-3 and changing it out Friday. Will let you know how things go

This is transmission oil! Look it up! It is £1 cheaper a litre than the mtf-3. Has anyone on this site ever had the balls to step outside what *** tell them to find a better alternative?

Well considering a 10w40 is an engine oil, a gearbox oil is going to be more of a 70w80, one can only assume you have no idea wtf you're talking about. Even on the Fuchs website, it lists Titan XTR 10w40 under engine oil, not transmission oil.

Obviously you know best, so have fun.

If anyone on here is mad enough to stick engine oil in their gearbox then maybe they have no balls and are female. (Sorry to all the lovely typeR girlies out there)

Joking aside, please say you are joking, 10-40 in a gearbox :evil:

Polar-bear-hunting-seal-soon.gif

I'm gonna have a look at the bottle when I get out to the car, I'm goin on what is alleged sound advice here

MTF 3 has been fine on all eight of my Type R's.

Is your car a race car ? Perhaps if it isn't then it's best sticking with MTF3

Spoke with the mechanic who is doing my valve clearance on Friday who has years experience in working with Honda to which he replied to my concern, that is what Hondas take... The guy who advised me said he was tipped off by opie oils,

Is there a Honda mechanic on here that can confirm with what I am doing with this?

Opie Oils are on here. Ask them directly.

Or here's a link to it on their site:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-990-fuc...ne-oil-formerly-known-as-fuchs-titan-xtr.aspx

[h=2]About Fuchs TITAN SYN MC 10w-40 High Performance Semi-Synthetic Engine Oil (formerly known as Fuchs Titan XTR)[/h] Fuchs TITAN SYN MC 10w-40 is an advanced, SAE 10W-40 all-season, fuel economy engine oil specially formulated for normally aspirated or turbocharged petrol and diesel engines in passenger cars and vans. Universal application was a high priority in the development of this oil.

I'd think twice about letting him anywhere near your car after he wants to put engine oil in your gearbox, and has blown up 7 of them already.

People don't stick with MTF-3 because they're sheep, they use it because it works. Even if it does cost a pound more.

No not the mechanic that the gearbox failed on. That was the guy who owns street racer in Bangor. The mechanic is sound as a pound.

I'm gonna do this. Will keep you posted

At least wait for a reply from Opie in the other thread, they're normally on during the working day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back