• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mugen number 5 of 20 my dads car

Hell we all love Honda's im sure, but still............

You can get a used GTR now for less than 40k. I know totally different running costs, but still...........If it was closer to 30k ala Golf R price, it would make sense. Still only 240BHP. Point taken though, heh.

I certainly wouldn't flame anybody for having their personal opinion - if we planned it to be a car for everyone we wouldn't have set the limit on 20. It is meant to be exclusive, that is part of what the Mugen brand, and this car, stands for, and of course opinion will always be divided. It would be a dull old world if we all liked the same thing.
When we were defining the project for this particular car one of the phrases that was used was "not for everyone". We were happy with the final result as a driving package, and I think everyone who has driven one agrees (at least they all seem to have a big smile on their face when they get out of one for the first time) - so that will do for me.

Shrimpking, the change of reg number threw me for a little while, but I recognise the car now, and I hope your dad is enjoying it.

Sorry if this annoys people, Loxy i'm thinking of you for one because i know you love your car mate, but it is just my 2p ;)

I knew you were going to mention me at the end of that! :lol:

I like the styling personally, think it has more purpose than the EP3. The Mugen wing is marmite though. It looks much better in the flesh than on pictures I have to add.

It's all good bud, you enjoyed your EP3, that's fine. You haven't driven my FN2 though, and fair enough I shouldn't have had to spend so much on it getting how I want it and I've still not finished, but it does the job for me.

The FN2 is not just my daily, but it is the car I use on work jobs. I don't have to carry a lot of kit, but I do end up on the motorway round Lancashire a fair bit off out to Colne, Lancaster and Skelmersdale from Preston in the middle, and the EP3 was tiring after a long day. The Spoon probably didn't help. I took a work experience lad up to Carnforth and back one day and when we got out of the car in back at the office, we were both shouting and half deaf. :lol:

I do miss that exhaust but the thought of blowing £1300 on the Spoon N1 for the FN2 just for the noise, doesn't float my boat.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm making good time to a job, I jump off the motorway and take the back roads over East Lancs, and I terrorise the roads around Preston/Lytham/Leyland etc. :twisted:

My FN2 is now faster than my old EP3, goes round corners flatter/quicker and flicks the back end out nicely on lift off and stops much, much quicker than the EP3. If I'd have spent the same on my EP3, then who knows what I'd think! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Cheers for understanding chap. I'm not outright slating the FN2, i know they were designed to boost Hondas sales in the very competitive Hot Hatch market and i think the fact the base model stood out so mutch in a very same, same era was a good thing. I just think that Honda could have done more. The EK9 was a great car, that outlined what Honda wanted to do with the Civic and the Red H. The EP3 then went on to the next step, by producing something that had the hardcore elements to it, but was still sort of usable as an everyday car. I just think the FN was a little let down by the fact that Honda aimed it at a different market, instead of sticking with what i would call the Enthusiast driver, they went for the family man/working man that now and again enjoys a quick blat on a B-Road. For me this is where they went wrong, as guys like yourself have had to spend a lot of money to get their car how they want it to work and i feel this let the old customer base down a little. The Mugen, i understand, was designed to be the Hardcore version of the FN, but for me, a 40grand Honda Civic is outright ludicrous, no matter the rarity etc. I'm sure if i went in one and drove it, i might feel different, but i still wouldn't pay that ammount of money for one, and it still wouldn't change my mind about the hideous looks. ;)

:Dhey mugen yeah ma dad loves the car lol he got done for speeding the other day in it the police man asked him if he was in a hurry lol im surprised thats the first time he has been stoped the only falt with all the type r are the seats dont go back into the way you set them up but 2 secs and its sorted and the smile comes on as soon as you press the button i park mine next to it all the time i saw the kit to make mine look like it but i know its just not:lol:

Short and sweet....I personally love the spoiler and the tailpipes and well everything about it really. If I had an FN2 and someone said "Here's a Mugen kit" I wouldn't turn it down.

The tailpipes aren't real, there like the Fn2, it's just a housing around a much smaller pipe, im sure it is. Not what you expect from Mugen and 40k IMO.

The tailpipes aren't real, there like the Fn2, it's just a housing around a much smaller pipe, im sure it is. Not what you expect from Mugen and 40k IMO.

I think they were 'fake' on the pre production model but they made them 'proper' on the actual cars from what I can remember ???

So let me get this straight, you pay over 40large and don't even get decent exhaust tips. What a f@cking con.

Lots of Audi's are like that though, the R8 is, the end of the pipe is actually a bit in the rear bumper, seperate from the zorst.

i have never been the biggest fan of the new shape TypeR, i don't think there is enough to define them from the standard Civics, the added downfall of the standard car running red badges aswell is not good for me.

Er, they don't..... only the Type-Rs have red badges..... :confused:

Neil, a lot of people think that the red background on which the H badge sits constitutes a red H. They are of course wrong.

So these same people will also think all red Honda's have a red H as you get the same affect if the car is painted red...... :roll:

Back