• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
funny how the 8 owners make you go for the 6. nice car mate, sounds like you got a bit of luck with the purchase on that

Stu have you looked at the BC Racing coilovers? I'm running them on my 5 real bargain coilovers but very adjustable and very well made.

I am considering some of these ;)

Specifications
Front Coilovers : Pillowball Top Mount.
Front Spring Rate : 8kg/mm (446.9lbs/in)
Rear Coilovers : Rubber Top Mount or No Top Mount.
Rear Spring Rate : 6kg/mm (335.2lbs/in)

Information
The BR series coilovers use a large 44mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper body to maximise oil capacity. As the damper unit operates the oil contained within heats up. The viscosity of oil changes as its temperature varies which can lead to changes in the damping characteristics of the unit.

BC Racing only use a very high quality oil with their coilovers but go that extra mile to maximise performance and build their BR range with a large 53mm diameter damper body. This increases the capacity of the unit which increases the volume of oil contained which in turn reduces the peak temperature and so significantly improves damper performance.

BR-Damper.jpg

:smt047

thats a really nice evo

i used to have a 7 and cried when i got rid of her. swear the best car i ever had but also the most expensive to run

the MLR website is great site for evo owners

I filled up the other day and reset the speedometer.

Not to bad so far, this includes driving of a :twisted: nature.

Also remember the VI has a tank which costs £40 to fill from empty.

2009-09-05_09-20-04_050920091388.jpg

Hmm mine costs £55 to fill up :confused:

That last half will also disappear in 50 miles, because the 2nd half of the tank is a lot smaller :lol:

Hmm mine costs £55 to fill up :confused:

That last half will also disappear in 50 miles, because the 2nd half of the tank is a lot smaller :lol:

I know it can disappear fast, I filed up the other day, just above empty (£41.46)

I know it can disappear fast, I filed up the other day, just above empty (£41.46)

Not bad going then. Remaps help a lot with the fuelling compared to standard.

Not sure if you noticed yet but the empty fuel light appears next to the handbrake sign. I've got white ralliart dials and there is a dot below the "E" sign which I thought was the empty light, was driving for a while down the M1 and thought why has the light not come on yet? soon realised I was looking in the wrong place and because the light is quite dim and it was a sunny day I had no idea how long it had been on when I finally found a petrol station I brimmed it and managed to get 49 litres in, so was 1 litre away from breaking down :eek:

I've worked out since, when the light comes on there is approx 5 litres in the tank.

Not bad going then. Remaps help a lot with the fuelling compared to standard.

Not sure if you noticed yet but the empty fuel light appears next to the handbrake sign. I've got white ralliart dials and there is a dot below the "E" sign which I thought was the empty light, was driving for a while down the M1 and thought why has the light not come on yet? soon realised I was looking in the wrong place and because the light is quite dim and it was a sunny day I had no idea how long it had been on when I finally found a petrol station I brimmed it and managed to get 49 litres in, so was 1 litre away from breaking down :eek:

I've worked out since, when the light comes on there is approx 5 litres in the tank.

Cheers mate :D

Tracker also fitted today.

2009-09-05_11-59-52_050920091390.jpg

So Dott, what you think after a week of driving? Prefer teh vtec? or torque FTW?

So Dott, what you think after a week of driving? Prefer teh vtec? or torque FTW?

Each has benefits - would say that my time with VTEC is done but I don't think it is ;)

I do love the boost though :twisted:

Looks mean from the back mate :twisted: .

What are the brakes like?

Back