• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Excellent choice, it's something I will be getting after the Teg, atm I just haven't got the heart to strip down the DC5 ready for sale, it was something I was looking to do in the new year but each and every time I get this idea and I take the car out for a hoon, I get back home, put it in the garage and look at it before I close the garage door and think.. "I can't part with you just yet"

You will love the FD2, I would look to get the koni rear shocks to reduce the stiffness at the rear, though Sam may like some stiffness at the rear (fnarr) all jokes aside they are quite a harsh ride.

I might be inclined to get some OEM wheels, I think they look great with oem wheel and a Mugen or painted black OEM front grille.

I'm sure you've seen it but this is a great comparison.

http://youtu.be/ndaUTJUEzDg

They are right though. They could've put in a nice momo steering wheel and some recaro, however not a big deal when you can get a j's racing wheel and some sort of recaro put in

JB is fond of it too.

http://youtu.be/9dkTU7L-WVg

Oh and faster than some impressive machines around Suzuka...

86ebb20fc51a3a471b0b35a19fe11b26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent choice, it's something I will be getting after the Teg, atm I just haven't got the heart to strip down the DC5 ready for sale, it was something I was looking to do in the new year but each and every time I get this idea and I take the car out for a hoon, I get back home, put it in the garage and look at it before I close the garage door and think.. "I can't part with you just yet"

You will love the FD2, I would look to get the koni rear shocks to reduce the stiffness at the rear, though Sam may like some stiffness at the rear (fnarr) all jokes aside they are quite a harsh ride.

I might be inclined to get some OEM wheels, I think they look great with oem wheel and a Mugen or painted black OEM front grille.

Cheers Dott, I don't think I would part with your DC5 after you've put so much into it. It's an impressive machine, and the car :smt047

Ive heard that the rear suspension can be harsh but I want to have a try first before I feel the need to change.
TBH this car has stripped me of any spare cash I had, I could possibly get the wheels sprayed but I don't think I could afford to change them. I do like the OEM wheels though.
I don't intent to sell this car so I've got time to change things over time and when Sam stops buying all these holidays to Florida. :lol:

Ive always wanted one but didn't think I could afford it, thankfully I could. Ive had to drop my usual specifications with mileage etc but I know it'll be worth it.
The video I saw on YouTube put the FD a second behind the NSX which is impressive. Going quicker is amazing.

I get the pics tomorrow so I'll stick them up.

Leif (hippy43) has a set of OEM wheels in silver. Just a thought. ;)

Leif (hippy43) has a set of OEM wheels in silver. Just a thought. ;)
Yep I do... not sure what I'm doing with them just yet. I'm toying with idea of getting some CE28n's and using TD's for winter. If I do then you're welcome to have first dibs. Conditions wise, they're not too bad but could probably benefit from a refurb.
Congratulations on your purchase btw.

Yep I do... not sure what I'm doing with them just yet. I'm toying with idea of getting some CE28n's and using TD's for winter. If I do then you're welcome to have first dibs. Conditions wise, they're not too bad but could probably benefit from a refurb.
Congratulations on your purchase btw.

Cheers dude. Itll be in the future if i buy some. I want to see what they look like with some proper pictures yet. :lol:

Andy has sent me some pictures today.
So far we've discovered my car has WedsSport TC105N alloys, a Spoon sump, a water temperature dial and a switch that we don't know what it does yet. :lol:

The deadline for the paperwork to get the car on the ship is the 21st, it should have arrived but it hasn't yet. Time is ticking and im biting my nails!!!!

Some pics

Really looks nice Mark. The wheels looks a hell of a lot better in these pictures too. Certainly not something to change straight away I'd say.

Fingers crossed for you for the 21st!

Genuinely hate you!! haha

Looks fantastic buddy, if the car does miss the 21st deadline when would it be rescheduled for shipping?

Fingers crossed for you mate that it makes the boat :)

Cheers mate. At £2000 for 4 i think im keeping them :lol:

Speaking of which, does anybody know where i can get some good coloured locking nuts from? Ive seen the Mcgard Ultra which are supposed to be top notch but they're silver. Need some in black or gunmetal

Saw the pictures on FB earlier, top trumps on the Weds and Spoon goodies! Much better pictures; the auction ones are always ropey as hell! :lol:

Don't forget the RE-11's. I would guess the brake pads are uprated too.

What I'm wondering about is what that mount looking thing is on the boot lid, just as it meets the rear windscreen?

Back