• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My ATR

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
After what seems like an eternity, I have finally found a replacement for the DC5. I wanted to be finance free so I had an upper budget of £3500. I initially looked at DC2’s, but due to the fact that I’d be doing 30 miles a day I started looking at some BWM’s and other barges. Then about two weeks ago the Accord Type R was mentioned to me by Des. In all honestly, I never realised that they could be had for so cheap. The prospect of VTEC again, combined with a good drive and the addition of comfort (for a Type R) was quite appealing. After all, I couldn’t turn up to JAE with a German car. :p

So I started looking. Finding a clean one, unmolested one was quite a task. A lot had monster mileages, had dodgy mods, were from dodgy areas of the country, had part history or didn’t fill me with a good vibe. Then I found one I really wanted, and it was in Scotland. I had that in the back of my mind but I stumbled upon a black one on eBay. At first I was put off as it was due a service but I decided to give the seller a ring anyway. I ideally wanted one with less than 100,000 miles on it but this one was only 3000 over so I thought I’d delve into the history of the car to get a feel for it. After a good 30 minutes on the phone, and several emails later I decided it was the one for me

Only have this pic so far:

IMG_0149.jpg

Like you said it's no DC5 but if it meets your requirements for the moment, fair play to you sir. :smt038

Looks & sounds a good one.
I have to admit I often look at these for sale & do get very tempted if I'm honest.

Keep it OEM Chris in terms of wheels, just get them looking bling, it will look great low, clean, smart and OEM.

Nice one Chris. The car I part exchanged for my first EP3 back in 2002 was a black Accord with the same body shell as yours, not a type R though.

Geoff.

Looks awesome.

Really really really really stuck for what to choose now. Was kind of hoping you were going to say it was naff.

have a little soft spot for these and very rarely see them about good choice of motor for ur requirements and glad ur happy with her,she looks quite clean too

Nice car Chris. It seems you got it for a very reasonable price too. :cool:

Do they not come with red H's?

I believe the early one doesn't, but the facelifts have a slightly different grille with the red H badge.

It's a very nice car. :smt023
I was seriously looking at one of these or a prelude as I was thinking of selling the EVO before I go to Afghanistan. After being in Chris's tonight I'm sure I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Back