• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

ST 220 will break, enjoy that "V6 Howl" while it lasts.

Can someone point me towards the masses of stories where these ST220s are having big problems? I'm reading loads and loads of reviews and apart from low (ish) MPG, I can't really find much else wrong. Especially on facelift ones. Rear subframe bushes seem to fail on some, but apart from that and the occasional sagging rear bumper that is due to support, I really can't find a huge amount wrong.

Just saying "Ford are unreliable" isn't really that helpful. Actual information would be much better to work with.

:lol: at people trying to put Graham off.

Lot of hate for this car. Which is actually working towards me getting one. I feel sorry for them now.

Oh yes - alternatives please. Should be good for a laugh. Here are the requirements:

1. Estate
2. Quick
3. Bit chavy looking
4. No Skoda
5. No kraut

Go.

For the lovers and haters:

ford_mondeo_st220_v6_3_0_estate_ex_police_phplenyiq_big.jpg

You know my thoughts. :lol:

2011022415262376.jpg

2011022415265786.jpg

2011022415274342.jpg

Just think how good you'll look broken down by the side of the road!

Just ask OMNI! Also, I know it is the usual, but I do know of someone who had no end of problems with his, but that could be down to neglect, I have no idea. What I do know is that things can get costly with them.I can see why you would want one, however I wouldn't go near one.. saying that I wouldn't go near a lot of cars people change to, each to their own etc!

Yeah I know of Omni's woes. And yet he still loves them.

IF, I get one, it would have to be FSH for obvious reasons.

Yeah easily, but I dunno, I just fancy something a bit more tasty and stupid looking.

I do love a good Volvo though.

By the actual way. Has anyone driven one? The V6 rumble is barely existent in all seriously seriousness.

My neighbour fitted a Miltek exhaust to his and it was still super quiet. I wanted it to roar like a lion because it has a V6 but it just doesn't really.

By the actual way. Has anyone driven one? The V6 rumble is barely existent in all seriously seriousness.

My neighbour fitted a Miltek exhaust to his and it was still super quiet. I wanted it to roar like a lion because it has a V6 but it just doesn't really.

There is a deep rooted issue here isn't there?

I think someone sodomised you in a Ford at some point and since then you've gone all weird about them.

My requirements are quite simple - I was to retain a degree of vulgarity whilst also being able to waft about. I seek not noise and thrills, but underpowered big engines and Radio 4.

As with any car I have ever bought - I simply will not test drive before I buy. The most I ever allow is to be driven for up to 3 miles tops.

Test driving is for fags.

Back