• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MY DC5 - was a 182 - is now a Premier EP3

Well my adventure begun June 21st when I left a depost with Mike at Torque Imports for a totaly standard CW DC5 which was still in Japan. For 3 months the only evidence I had of my new purchase was a few pictures from Japan

48503_53_orig.jpg

14 weeks and countless emails later I left sunny Kent at 05.45 in the morning and arrived at Torque Imports at half 10 to be greeted by a gleaming CW Teg :D Business was done, I handed over the keys to my old EP3 and I drove home alot happier, alot more awake and alot poorer than when I drove down!

Initial thoughts were it had alot more poke for only an extra 20bhp, it felt so much more planted, the steering was umpteen times better and the diff was something else! Not to mention it looked the absolute shiz nit!

First fail was when I stopped in some services and only then thought to check the headlights worked, fail of the century as one of them didn't. Emailed Mike saturday night and thursday morning a new ballast arrived on my doorstep. So 6 days into ownership my new toy looked like this

008.jpg

009-1.jpg

By chance I had ordered 2 new 4300k bulbs incase one of them was shot, they were fine but the ones that were in it were 14000k :roll: Needless to say they were whipped out and the new ones fitted, along with some new sidelight bulbs when I got home. (Thanks to West for fitting everything for me!)

The one thing was missing from the car was a parcel shelf so when one came up for sale here it was snapped up and due to a decent seller arrived 3 days later and was fitted in 2 minutes

010.jpg

Today I treated it to it's first wash as in a week it was absolutely caked in crap. Went round it twice then gave it a layer of wax and this is the result

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

When the car came over the drivers side headlight had the usual cloudy look it as you can see in this pic

48503_CF_orig.jpg

Bit of 1500 and 2000 wet dry with a dual action polisher with Menzerna Power Gloss and this was the outcome

025.jpg

Cars booked in at Artech/ Eurospec 2000 start of november for a full service and a power run along with Project MU pads (courtesy of James @ Touge) and new OEM discs. Also got wind deflectors on order from Touge as well!

I cant thank Mike enough, he provided an excellent service and excellent car. If you're looking at buying any sort of import then he really is the man! Thanks to James as well for pointing me in the right direction of what parts to buy.

Nice one mate, it looks great - I would have thought the importer would have checked the lights out though.

TBH it was probably just bad luck on my behalf! They had to change the lights to Halogen ones to get it through the IVA test so the ballast may have been upset when it was removed, who knows?! Was sorted ASAP though so top marks to Mike for doing so.

May I ask how much you paid for it? Also did they convert all the mileage in to miles..

Lovely car mate. Cannot wait to see it in person :) Also cannot wait to wipe the floor with it with my DC2 :)

Haha thanks mate. I might get you to fit my Tegiwa carbon intake when I come down if that's allright?

Why did they remove the parcel shelf? A few of my mates who have/had imported cars had no shelf....two pulsars and a starlet :lol:

Back